cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Elite Dangerous to Recognize Thrustmaster 16000m fcs

tbarindy
Honored Guest
I cannot get all the buttons/triggers to work on my new 16000m fcs and TMCS throttle in Elite Dangerous.  The only joystick listed under Controls is generic joystick.  The game recognizes the joystick for some inputs, but not all; the game doesn’t recognize the throttle at all.  Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

Orodreth16
Expert Protege
Did you download the drivers from the Thrustmaster website? And are they showing as 16000m and TWCS Throttle in Windows' game controller-settings?
I also use this combination and it's working without issues. 

Calibos
Heroic Explorer

Did you download the drivers from the Thrustmaster website? And are they showing as 16000m and TWCS Throttle in Windows' game controller-settings?
I also use this combination and it's working without issues. 

Me two/too. :smile:

...need to lube mine up though. 

FrontierSupport
Adventurer
I'd suggest temporarily disabling any antivirus software you are running, we've seen cases in the past where this can still the HOTAS from being detected correctly. 

If not, are you running through Oculus Home exclusively? Or using Steam VR?

-CMDR Vulcan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you selecting Custom (they only give us the one thanks FD!) and then setting up binds?
Mine is fine without added downloading although it does not get picked up by VoiceAttack for useful features of it's button binds.
Do be careful on the twist grip and not force it to extremes as it will break the sensor which is not a hall type. I'm now on my 2nd after the first failed after just a month!
Oh and always plug them in before starting Elite else you get the old K&M binds instead even though you may plug them in later!