cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus confirms second-screen support is coming to Oculus Go

snovak
Explorer
Does anyone know of how to view/stream to an external monitor, so people in the room can see what you're looking at?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/oculus-go-second-screen-casting-coming-soon/
Looking for feedback.  Any roadmap or ETA on this feature?  

22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

snovak said:

Does anyone know of how to view/stream to an external monitor, so people in the room can see what you're looking at?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/oculus-go-second-screen-casting-coming-soon/
Looking for feedback.  Any roadmap or ETA on this feature?  

According to a July 5th tweet from John Carmack "It is coming along well." You can find a link to the twitter thread from the original link you posted. I'm posting this from the Go browser and copy/paste isn't in its repertoire.

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
This would be the top feature I would like to see implemented (asap). Makes it more fun for people who would like to see the action as well.

relaxculus
Expert Protege
+1

chettawan
Expert Protege
Oculus itself will benefit feom this feature.

CrimsonSky3000
Protege
I have been using scrcpy to mirror my go to desktop. Works wired and wireless but couldn't get wireless to work.

Wired looks great there is commands to reduce resolution if there is more lag.

See here for instructions

snovak
Explorer
Any update on this one?  Ideas of when Chromecast functionality, or casting in general, will deploy?  I'm using scrcpy (thanks @CrimsonSky3000 ) right now, which is "OK", but supported functionality would be welcomed with open arms.  

CrimsonSky3000
Protege

snovak said:

Any update on this one?  Ideas of when Chromecast functionality, or casting in general, will deploy?  I'm using scrcpy (thanks @CrimsonSky3000 ) right now, which is "OK", but supported functionality would be welcomed with open arms.  

Hi @snovak

I assume oculus will announce screen mirroring at next week's OC5.

In the meantime you can mirror the go to Chromecast using scrcpy and chrome browser, see tutorial video below. Works well.

rgholm
Explorer
Update from Oculus blog Sept. 26th: "Even better, players can soon share their epic VR moments with friends outside of the headset. Oculus Go will support casting as early as next month..." Link

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer

rgholm said:

Update from Oculus blog Sept. 26th: "Even better, players can soon share their epic VR moments with friends outside of the headset. Oculus Go will support casting as early as next month..." Link

Finally - been waiting for that feature from the first day. @imperativity Any info you can share on the (minimum)specs of the viewing devices? IOS(version, Iphone 5 6 7 X)? Android (version, and Phones maybe?) etc etc...