cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus confirms second-screen support is coming to Oculus Go

snovak
Explorer
Does anyone know of how to view/stream to an external monitor, so people in the room can see what you're looking at?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/oculus-go-second-screen-casting-coming-soon/
Looking for feedback.  Any roadmap or ETA on this feature?  

22 REPLIES 22

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

@maxBr

I have nothing new to share as this feature isn't released at this time.

That´s plain trolling .. 😛
 Poster of the week imo ... lol
Be good, die great !

mrphilipjoel
Explorer
The Oculus app on iOS updated today stating "Casting from Oculus Go: see all action on your phone." I've completed the update, but I don't see the 'casting' option anywhere in my Go.

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer

The Oculus app on iOS updated today stating "Casting from Oculus Go: see all action on your phone." I've completed the update, but I don't see the 'casting' option anywhere in my Go.

Maybe the GO must receive a signal from Oculus HQ to go live at some date...

Get_Revved
Explorer
Seems a bit daft that they included this in the changelog, to then not have it available to use. Oculus are usually great at hiding changelogs, so why now include one that just teases people. Communication is key!

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
@Get_Revved Could be lots of things - maybe finishing up GO side of the software, waiting for android app (launch at same time), marketing etc

peternrg
Honored Guest
Waiting for this feature to be 'activated'.... 

Vinoh
Adventurer
Got this message back from Oculus support:
"Although we have announced that this feature will be launching soon, we do not have any information on this at this time."
He seemed to be unaware that they announced the feature as available in the release notes.

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're aware of the situation. The feature is launching soon but there is no more information than that. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Vinoh
Adventurer

We're aware of the situation. The feature is launching soon but there is no more information than that. Thanks.

Thanks for confirming. 

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
Casting is finally live - apparently - being rolled out gradually this week.