cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borderlands 2 VR Announced for PSVR

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Hopefully Gearbox sees some sense and releases it on PC as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPDbapAFiM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
7 REPLIES 7

bigmike20vt
Visionary
indeed.. i too hope it comes to pc.

i hate how money grubbing 2k were with borderlands 2 but i cant lie its a great game.
hmmm so you can slow time?

i can only imagine this must be 1 player then,
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

MowTin
Expert Trustee
This is a game I always thought would be awesome to port to VR. 

Borderlands is just a great coop shooter and I think its simple graphics style should help it run better. 

I hope it gets ported to Rift and Vive but I'm still waiting for Resident Evil 7 so I'm not holding my breath. 

One thing I wish is that they would take a game like Borderlands 2, take all the models, voice acting and other assets and build a VR game from the ground up. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

bigmike20vt
Visionary
i must admit i am not sure i could face starting borderlands 2 from the start again.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

kilobulb
Expert Protege
Amazing news. Hopefully it does well enough they consider a PC port. I saw something recently about Borderlands 3 coming next year and a new borderland DLC coming this year. Maybe this is what the rumours were about?

A lot of PSVR stuff due out or just come out. Astro bot, Tetris effect, ace combat and now this. Maybe black friday will bring cheap PSVR deals :).

TaintFist
Heroic Explorer
I've tried Borderland 2 using Vorpx, and it is a great game for vr.  Outside of the horrible controls :smiley: 
I have PSVR, but yeah, so much more can be done with this on PC, and BL2Vr with touch controllers would be awesome.

TaintFist
Heroic Explorer

MowTin said:

This is a game I always thought would be awesome to port to VR. 

Borderlands is just a great coop shooter and I think its simple graphics style should help it run better. 

I hope it gets ported to Rift and Vive but I'm still waiting for Resident Evil 7 so I'm not holding my breath. 

One thing I wish is that they would take a game like Borderlands 2, take all the models, voice acting and other assets and build a VR game from the ground up. 

Wouldn't it be awesome to have Borderlands modding ability like a Bethesda game?  Would love to have software like the Creation Kit for Borderlands 2.  Bethesda does a lot wrong, but what they got right is how easily modded their games are.  Would be awesome to have software to manipulate the Borderlands world more easily.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

TaintFist said:

Wouldn't it be awesome to have Borderlands modding ability like a Bethesda game?  Would love to have software like the Creation Kit for Borderlands 2.  Bethesda does a lot wrong, but what they got right is how easily modded their games are.  Would be awesome to have software to manipulate the Borderlands world more easily.

I generally wish more games would allow modding. 

The thing about Borderlands is that it would be the coop VR shooter by far. I bought Gunheart but it just doesn't compare. 

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2