cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Death " The Afterlife " Update 1.0

Digikid1
Consultant
New update to In Death.  It is now out of early access.  Has a few bugs ( I got killed but my arrow killed someone *after* my death so I got a black screen and had to force quit ) but even with a 1070 the graphics look so much better and "darker and gloomier" in the hallways.  Looks awesome.

You also get a Crossbow.  When you spawn in look to your left and there is a casket.  You can only have one at a time.  However with the crossbow I cannot figure out how to move.....

Ah well....give it a try guys.
128 REPLIES 128

Digikid1
Consultant
I usually kill Anakim off quite easily and quickly with lots of explosions. Cover the stairs with the mines arrows then at the same time fill him with catalyst arrows as fast as you can. I usually kill him before his goons can fire off a single shot. 

LZoltowski
Champion

CrashFu said:

Played a good bit today, and in my best run I cleared the (first?) pit and ALMOST beat Anakim, got him down to a tiny sliver of health, but before I could finish him off I got completely swarmed by his mooks.   

A tip to enhance your game experience: listen to some really unsettling music while you play. :wink: 

Also, I noticed that the shield-bashes do damage now!  It's not quite a sword, but there's something very satisfying about finishing an enemy off with a pimp-slap, coins exploding out of them in the process.  "Begone thot!" :lol:

Unsettling music ... Tylor Swift then 😐
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

CrashFu
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

I usually kill Anakim off quite easily and quickly with lots of explosions. Cover the stairs with the mines arrows then at the same time fill him with catalyst arrows as fast as you can. I usually kill him before his goons can fire off a single shot. 

The problem comes when you're just one or two explosives short of actually finishing him. :anguished:   They've definitely upped his total health or something, because I remember that used to be a piece of cake.

I think his helpers are triggered to spawn as he reaches certain intervals of health, rather than at time intervals?  So if you nuke him with explosives at the beginning of the fight but don't finish him off completely, you end up with like thirty enemies filling the room at once.

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Digikid1
Consultant

CrashFu said:

Digikid1 said:

The problem comes when you're just one or two explosives short of actually finishing him. :anguished:   They've definitely upped his total health or something, because I remember that used to be a piece of cake.

I think his helpers are triggered to spawn as he reaches certain intervals of health, rather than at time intervals?  So if you nuke him with explosives at the beginning of the fight but don't finish him off completely, you end up with like thirty enemies filling the room at once.

Not sure. Tried again yesterday and was able to defeat him the exact same way. Even managed to get to and kill Gabriel in Paradise Lost as well easily with Tempest arrows and Catalyst arrows while hiding and peeking around the pillars. 

Wildt
Consultant
@Digikid1- what's your high score? 
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

TaintFist
Heroic Explorer
I love this game, but I'm waiting on the update to be fixed hehe.  I first bought it on Steam, then used the function allowing me to port it over to Oculus.  The update won't download it just returns an error telling me to check my internet connection hehe.
Once I do finally download the update, I'll be loving this again.

Digikid1
Consultant

Wildt said:

Way below yours. LOL

Wildt
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Wildt said:

Way below yours. LOL

Did you find/free any orphans? They give you 25k and special arrows.

CrashFu
Consultant
Anyone have tips for beating Gabriel? I managed to reach him yesterday, but all his attacks had such massive areas of effect, I wasn't really sure how I was supposed to dodge them. I did get him below half health, though... if I had had more myself, (or some more lethal arrows on me at the time) I might have been able to win.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Wildt
Consultant

CrashFu said:

Anyone have tips for beating Gabriel? I managed to reach him yesterday, but all his attacks had such massive areas of effect, I wasn't really sure how I was supposed to dodge them. I did get him below half health, though... if I had had more myself, (or some more lethal arrows on me at the time) I might have been able to win.

What Digikid said works fine.