cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DreamShapers sketch book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Medium is a fantastic experience, before I keep adding sculpts, decided it's time to start a sketchbook.  Will start with a bit of a retrospective, and more or less start at the beginning and with any luck, keep at it for years.  Here's a carousel I made a few months ago, to see the creations up to that point.

Two Year Anniversary Update (mostly sequential with annual highlights)

41cesgktb9ey.jpg

Earlier part of this post, carousel built inside medium with snapshots, from way back when we just met
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahalLb04TU&feature=youtu.be
403 REPLIES 403

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still working on this, materials unified for the most part.  More work on the overall shape and form
5lhdohghcavd.png
c1dibyxfvlwe.png
f66utuy17vct.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

... Zoom in a bit on the medium texturing full figure
body, except the suction cups,all one layer now. 
(full figure on previous page)

d7wamv08msnt.png9rxw6lmqvc8f.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
And really zoomed in on the texture of the cloak, some really interesting patterning developing

uw7woi4raedi.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
While the original form can no longer be determined at this level of closeup, it's interesting to look at the pattern which emerges at the surface of ths cloak.  I'm also find the contouring where the layers got merged, and perhaps adjusted with the move tool, to create higher "ink" densities.  Can see a similar technique being used to describe muscle masses.  As seen above, as the zoom out is increased to mid ranges, there's an interesting form of volume that seems to happen. Using a higher contrast pallette, careful overpainting, or addition of a modified material layer might create a more deliberate sense of volume at a distance. Anyhow, intrigued by the emerging shape and mottling
s2odwn959ok0.png

LZoltowski
Champion

Still working on this, materials unified for the most part.  More work on the overall shape and form
5lhdohghcavd.png
c1dibyxfvlwe.png
f66utuy17vct.png

STUNNING, simply STUNNING, that texture is soooo organic, the whole thing has a fluidity to it, you feel the motion without it moving, bravo good sir.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

STUNNING, simply STUNNING, that texture is soooo organic, the whole thing has a fluidity to it, you feel the motion without it moving, bravo good sir.

Thanks.  Glad you liked it!   Be interesting to see if I can amplify things with a bit of paint.  I think after it's finished, if I still like the scene, will run it through marmoset.  I'm kind of curious how that will work out.  If the sculpt ends up with 100 layers, or something, will probably just leave it to medium

Anonymous
Not applicable
I liked the way this stamp looked in metal, but didn't really fit the other scene in that material.  Various tests using layers with different levels of resolution to build up detail.   Usually when I'm testing a stamp, I'll just make a bunch of lines, curves, resolution changes, and repositions, each on its own layer, so I can screenshot it and see what sort of forms it might create.  This time, I decided to actually make something, by building up the layers into an object.  

Here's a basic form, viewed from the front
eqqqc1em2759.png

idetuy7niacl.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the same form,  at some point, viewed from the back, before more plating was applied. 
8c3asoqhmo60.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit further along, more details and the start of a weapon.   Used the move tool on the wings,  while I was deciding whether to add a bladed edge to the weapon.  Lower armor cod piece base layer added
q2c2sozfwx41.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Explored some possible leg armor arrangements, and some stamp position variations.  Side view.  Looking kind of thin at the moment.  This bit was kind of hit and miss, but enough there to see what direction I want to take it.  If I run much further with this, I'll considering using more than one stamp.
2jm8pcp2vlm5.png