cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I was able to play Fallout 4 VR @ 1.7 pixel density. I maitained 90fps in the city areas with a few dips. Indoors, no problem. The 1080 ti could only handle 1.3 pixel density. 

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

MowTin said:

I was able to play Fallout 4 VR @ 1.7 pixel density. I maitained 90fps in the city areas with a few dips. Indoors, no problem. The 1080 ti could only handle 1.3 pixel density. 

Sounding good! Still waiting on my card.

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Well another interesting take on the rtx cards, for me I'm looking at moving from rx480 to GTX 1080 ti or rtx 2080 and with the GTX 1080ti and rtx 2080 staying around the same price point. I don't see it mattering

Evileyes
Rising Star
I don't know what's going on with this 2080 ti but my system reboots under any amount of GPU stress, I have a beast 1100W PSU... so im at a loss as to what the problem is... what a shame. Tonight im going to remove the overclock on my cpu if that could free up some power... however, 1100W should be enough for both...  What a bummer.
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

LZoltowski
Champion

Evileyes said:

I don't know what's going on with this 2080 ti but my system reboots under any amount of GPU stress, I have a beast 1100W PSU... so im at a loss as to what the problem is... what a shame. Tonight im going to remove the overclock on my cpu if that could free up some power... however, 1100W should be enough for both...  What a bummer.

It happened to Linus Tech tips too, they had a 1200W PSU and overclocked GPU + CPU ... the only way it became stable was him to plug the PC into an uninterrupted load line variable power supply.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Is this with the FE cards or any 2080 ti?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

cybereality
Grand Champion

Evileyes said:

I had crashes and lockups with my 2080 Ti too. There were two things I did that seemed to fix it. One, I downloaded the MSI Afterburner Beta and set a good custom fan profile (50% at 30C up to 100% at 70C) which stopped the overheating. Then following a Reddit thread, I switched my PSU into single rail mode. It seems that Corsair digital PSUs have some issue by default, but single rail mode helps. Not sure I totally understand the problem, but after I did these two things I stopped getting game crashing. However, Windows sleep in now unreliable and most of the time it does not wake up. I'm not sure if that is related to changed PSU settings, there was no problem previously with my GTX 1080 and same PSU.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Evileyes
Rising Star
Thanks for the update cyber!

i was wondering if you knew the procedure to changing my cooler master 1100 to single rail mode, like you advised.

seriously almost RMA’d this thing and went for a EVGA brand. 

Im going to postpone the return because of your post so thank you!
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Evileyes said:

I had crashes and lockups with my 2080 Ti too. There were two things I did that seemed to fix it. One, I downloaded the MSI Afterburner Beta and set a good custom fan profile (50% at 30C up to 100% at 70C) which stopped the overheating. Then following a Reddit thread, I switched my PSU into single rail mode. It seems that Corsair digital PSUs have some issue by default, but single rail mode helps. Not sure I totally understand the problem, but after I did these two things I stopped getting game crashing. However, Windows sleep in now unreliable and most of the time it does not wake up. I'm not sure if that is related to changed PSU settings, there was no problem previously with my GTX 1080 and same PSU.

Will this be something Nvidia is going to fix without having to mess about doing all the stuff you've done? The fan running at 100% all the time can't be good can it? I don't think I've heard of Graphics cards having problems with PSU's, as long as they have enough wattage and are a good brand.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Not had any crashes/problems with mine at all. I have been pushing it with 4K content without issue.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.