cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Death " The Afterlife " Update 1.0

Digikid1
Consultant
New update to In Death.  It is now out of early access.  Has a few bugs ( I got killed but my arrow killed someone *after* my death so I got a black screen and had to force quit ) but even with a 1070 the graphics look so much better and "darker and gloomier" in the hallways.  Looks awesome.

You also get a Crossbow.  When you spawn in look to your left and there is a casket.  You can only have one at a time.  However with the crossbow I cannot figure out how to move.....

Ah well....give it a try guys.
128 REPLIES 128

Digikid1
Consultant

Wildt said:

Digikid1 said:

Wildt said:

@Digikid1- what's your high score? 

Way below yours. LOL

Did you find/free any orphans? They give you 25k and special arrows.

Nope.  No idea where any of them are....and since the levels change all of the time I doubt I ever will.  LOL!!!!!!

CrashFu
Consultant
I'm curious about the orphans, too. They were supposed to be unlocked when I did my last couple attempts, and I scoured the first level good and thoroughly, but never found a single one.  Exactly how well are they hidden?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Wildt
Consultant

CrashFu said:

I'm curious about the orphans, too. They were supposed to be unlocked when I did my last couple attempts, and I scoured the first level good and thoroughly, but never found a single one.  Exactly how well are they hidden?

According to the no.1 guy playing this game, they're probably on a timer, so if you don't find them quick enough they're gone. Sort of an incentive to NOT take it too slow :smile:

Personally I've killed (saved) two, and had 1 get away.

EDIT: Oh and they aren't hidden as such.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

CrashFu
Consultant
Oh, so it's like... Zombies Ate My Neighbors on the SNES.  Got it.

(Side note:  who currently owns the rights to THAT intellectual property, anyways?  Because ZAMN VR is something I could really get behind, lol)

EDIT:  Oh!  I found an orphan.  Once on each of two separate playthroughs. First one ran into a room so packed with enemies that I couldn't clear them out in time to chase it before it escaped  (no big area-clearing arrows on hand at that moment, sadly).  Nailed the second one, though.. I didn't even clear Anakin or w/e that playthrough but still managed to top my previous high score, lol.

Kinda weird to just... straight up shoot a toddler, even if it does sound like it's enjoying the process.  Wasn't there some kind of rule in video games that children have to be immortal, or is that just Bethesda's thing? lol
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Wildt
Consultant
Slowly getting better at this - Just killed 2nd incarnation of Anakim, and took a break before starting PL2. I don't know how to check scores mid-game, but I think I must be pretty close to 400k :sunglasses:
Visited 3 pits and got 2 or 3 orphans.

JohnRB
Protege
I notice that on start up, the old screen doesn't show up
How do you now change things like left or right handed. I'm left and if someone else whats to try it, looks like they need to be left handed how.

Wildt
Consultant
Heh, all proud of my score so far I stumbled across a steam thread where the top dogs are duking it out.. Gonzaxpain just broke 10 million, reaching Purgatory 14 after more than 13 hours of gameplay. Hot dang, that's just insane. :astonished:

Digikid1
Consultant
I am slowly working up.....now 302.  LOL!!

DAMN YOU WILDT!!!!!  😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

Wildt
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

I am slowly working up.....now 302.  LOL!!

DAMN YOU WILDT!!!!!  😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

Soooowyyy. Anywho, do you know how to see your score mid-game?

Digikid1
Consultant
Just when I die and get to see the scoreboard.  Sadly you cannot see your friends score.