cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

games UNPLAYABLE with the new FORCED Dash update

nikgrid
Explorer
I'm running a 970 and up until oculus forced this crap on us I could play my games, now it stutters and my hands fly off. Why can't you just give us the choice of Vanilla dash or dash 2.0
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

nikgrid said:

I'm running a 970 and up until oculus forced this crap on us I could play my games, now it stutters and my hands fly off. Why can't you just give us the choice of Vanilla dash or dash 2.0

Have you checked you sensors in device to confirm they are still on USB3, try restarting your PC  maybe run setup again, make sure steam has auto SS set to manual 100% ?

I am running a 970 with an i5-3570 smooth as ever on Steam VR.

falken76
Expert Consultant

The only issue I've had with Steam games is the Steam VR update that was forced on me (I'm ok with updates by the way, just pointing this out).

Steam VR now implements its own global and game specific supersampling settings and the default is set depending on what it thinks your card is capable of (I'm sure you guys are aware of this). So for my card the global setting is 130% which is ok for most games but not for some... like Fallout 4. So I have to go in there and change the game specific setting to something like 78% while keeping the global at default, to bring it back to 1 (130% x 78% being 101.4).

So anyway, for anyone who isn't aware of this, check your settings... it could just be that Steam has thrown you a wobbly.

Where specifically do I go in steam to find this setting?  I want to make sure it's off, I don't need software deciding for me when to add SS  😞

LZoltowski
Champion

falken76 said:

The only issue I've had with Steam games is the Steam VR update that was forced on me (I'm ok with updates by the way, just pointing this out).

Steam VR now implements its own global and game specific supersampling settings and the default is set depending on what it thinks your card is capable of (I'm sure you guys are aware of this). So for my card the global setting is 130% which is ok for most games but not for some... like Fallout 4. So I have to go in there and change the game specific setting to something like 78% while keeping the global at default, to bring it back to 1 (130% x 78% being 101.4).

So anyway, for anyone who isn't aware of this, check your settings... it could just be that Steam has thrown you a wobbly.

Where specifically do I go in steam to find this setting?  I want to make sure it's off, I don't need software deciding for me when to add SS  😞

Open SteamVR, go to Steam VR settings, then Video, then Select Manual Override, and set SS to 100% ..

kfwbe6q9rns2.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Netheri
Rising Star

RattyUK said:

All of my Steam VR games opens the Oculus client - they wouldn't work with the Rift otherwise, would they?
Maybe it is because I only have current games though...   Also not had any performance issues at any time, regardless of which Oculus / Steam / Nvidia software I was using at the time, at least not yet 🙂

Wrong. Up to 1.28 version of oculus desktop app admin trick blocked oculusclient.exe to run when i.e. SteamVR was loaded, even when Home2 beta was participated in and the HMD screens were enabled. On 1.29 and 1.30 versions oculusclient.exe was possible to block with admin trick so that the HMD screens would light up IF one stayed on Home 1. On 1.31 LIVE no home1 or core1.0 to be used, so when admin trick used, everything works in SteamVR on Rift, except the HMD screen won't enable even when led is white. It's either a bug or intended blockage. Either way, it should be fixed so, that the admin trick could be used by those _customers_ who wants to.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'll all be better off using that Open OVR thing and bringing SteamVR out of the equation altogether.

Netheri
Rising Star

snowdog said:

You'll all be better off using that Open OVR thing and bringing SteamVR out of the equation altogether.

Check my last post on 1.31 live rolling out-thread. 🙂
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2