cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot gather my bearings in Dash

deftware
Expert Protege
I am using a front-facing setup, and Dash makes it impossible to know where I am within my play space.

The floor grid shifts to arbitrary offsets each time I enter Dash.

The Dash interface itself orients itself to me, which makes it impossible to know which way is toward my sensors.

Is there any way to revert to the previous behavior, where everything was fixed in alignment with my Rift Setup established playspace, or must I now risk falling into my TV or glass coffee table each time I want to play VR?
2 REPLIES 2

falken76
Expert Consultant
Maybe you should open a support ticket for help.  Mine is on the new release and it still has your playspace with an arrow indicating what direction is facing the computer.  Maybe your install isn't working properly, it appears to still do what you are needing and that must be by default because I made no changes.

deftware
Expert Protege

falken76 said:

Maybe you should open a support ticket for help.  Mine is on the new release and it still has your playspace with an arrow indicating what direction is facing the computer.  Maybe your install isn't working properly, it appears to still do what you are needing and that must be by default because I made no changes.

Yes, I already opened a ticket, but I didn't know there was supposed to be any direction indicator or anything because I don't have one. All I see in Dash is the Dash itself and just a white floor with a gray grid texture on it, and the grid offset relative to my play space changes arbitrarily. It doesn't seem to care where the center of my play space is, or my sensors, when it decides how to align the grid lines. I miss having a grid intersection lined up perfectly with the center of my play space, as well as a fixed dash interface that doesn't just follow me wherever I happen to be when I enter Dash.

I'm wondering if running the Rift setup from scratch will fix anything.

Thanks.