cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Driver Not Rendering to Headset Issue

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you get a white light on Rift but no video feed on the Nvidia driver, please run the attached command file and zip up the folder and upload here. This will help us resolve the issue in a future update. After creating your log files, the issue can be resolved by running DDU in safe mode and clearing out both AMD and Nvidia drivers for your system (if you've used either on your machine).
  • Download Display Driver Uninstaller DDU: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
  • Extract the zip file to a new folder.
  • Run the exe file in that folder (i.e. "DDU v18.0.0.2.exe").
  • Open the new folder (i.e. "DDU v18.0.0.2") and run "Display Driver Uninstaller.exe".
  • Choose "Yes" to the Windows security pop-up.
  • Click "Options" then on the bottom under "Advanced Options" check "Enable safe mode dialog".
  • Click "Close" to the options screen.
  • Click the Windows "X" to close the DDU app.
  • Open the app again by double-clicking "Display Driver Uninstaller.exe".
  • For the "Launch options" drop-down, choose "Safe Mode (recommended)". 
  • Click "Reboot to Safe Mode" on the bottom.
  • NOTE: You must know your Windows password. PIN cannot be used in safe mode.
  • Once the computer boots back to Windows, enter your password and DDU will open automatically.
  • Choose GPU on the right then choose your GPU vendor (Nvidia or AMD).
  • If you've used a different GPU vendor on your machine, you'll have to do this process twice (once for each vendor).
  • Click "Clean and restart" on the upper left. After DDU completes, your computer will restart.
  • Once back at the Windows login screen, you can select PIN or other login options.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
122 REPLIES 122

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me also happing. Even downgraded the NVidia driver to 399 something.
What works is starting Oculus Home and then run a game. Only thing is that it requires a lot of PC power and that does not serve the games well...
Hoping for a quick fix

Sonic-NekoChan
Honored Guest

If you get a white light on Rift but no video feed on Nvidia driver 411.63, please run the attached command file and zip up the folder and upload here. This will help us resolve the issue in a future update. Thanks.

Same problem but nvidia driver version is 416.16 !

Windows 10 Pro 1803
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68P-DS3
RAM: 16Gb
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

I solved my problem!

Short:

I deleted file C:\WINDOWS\System32\amd-vulkan64.json and all gets work fine even without  windows restart

Long:

Console command  "vulkaninfo"  gave me WARNING:
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : loader_icd_scan: ICD JSON C:\Windows\System32\amd-vulkan64.json does not have an 'api_version' field.

But I using Nvidia now
File amd-vulkan64.json was created at 2015.12.17
At that time I was using AMD video card
And probably that file from old AMD driver (driver already uninstalled)
I thought that may be source of problem and tried to delete that file and it helped

This worked for me, so whoever is having the problem, give it a go!, also Thank you for the fix

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for the log files. I shared with the team.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
@owenwp Can you try to delete these two files? Please zip them up and send them to me in a PM or upload to this thread prior to deleting. Thanks.
c:\windows\system32\vulkan-1-1-0-3-0.dll

c:\windows\system32\vulkaninfo-1-1-0-3-0.exe

PaulMcGreen
Honored Guest

If you get a white light on Rift but no video feed on Nvidia driver 411.63, please run the attached command file and zip up the folder and upload here. This will help us resolve the issue in a future update. Thanks.

Same problem but nvidia driver version is 416.16 !

Windows 10 Pro 1803
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68P-DS3
RAM: 16Gb
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

I solved my problem!

Short:

I deleted file C:\WINDOWS\System32\amd-vulkan64.json and all gets work fine even without  windows restart

Long:

Console command  "vulkaninfo"  gave me WARNING:
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : loader_icd_scan: ICD JSON C:\Windows\System32\amd-vulkan64.json does not have an 'api_version' field.

But I using Nvidia now
File amd-vulkan64.json was created at 2015.12.17
At that time I was using AMD video card
And probably that file from old AMD driver (driver already uninstalled)
I thought that may be source of problem and tried to delete that file and it helped

Thx a lot!!! I use eGPU. My laptop GPU is Radeon. My eGPU is GTX 1070ti. The drivers conflict was a common issue. You have helped a lot! Appreciate.

steeljockey
Honored Guest
Couple of things, updating to NVidia drivers 416.16 got display working in the HMD. Also on Oculus Home 1.31 and Windows 1803.

Now, I have to make sure Oculus Home is running or the HMD displays won't work. I also had to remap my floor space, as the normal space I play in I am sitting in my racing cockpit just outside my stand up area, so the safety boundary always shows. I had to include the cockpit sitting area to stay within my boundary, which means when I'm standing, I can walk into it before the boundary shows - not safe. Can I turn off the boundary? Can we get the Rift to work without Oculus Home having to run in the background? Can we also turn off the music in Oculus Home when it is running?

owenwp
Expert Protege
No change after deleting those files. Attached them here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me also still happening. Updated to 416.34, deleted the Vulkan fils, still a blackscreen in VR headset.

LZoltowski
Champion

jiltjes said:

For me also still happening. Updated to 416.34, deleted the Vulkan fils, still a blackscreen in VR headset.

owenwp said:

No change after deleting those files. Attached them here.

Looks like there are errors in Vulkan, can you please try using the DDU tool to completely remove the drivers and re-install a fresh copy on top?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

jiltjes said:

Looks like there are errors in Vulkan, can you please try using the DDU tool to completely remove the drivers and re-install a fresh copy on top?

Done, still black in Rift