cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go boot loop with flashing logo

Arcus83
Honored Guest
Hi,

i‘ve used the go normally today, when the battery went low i started charging it. Now it seems like it is stuck in a boot loop or something like that. The led is flashing orange when it is plugged in and the oculus logo is flashing in the display. I don‘t know what i can do. Even tried to do a factory reset but that does not work either. Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

jimbrooks10
Honored Guest
I have this same problem and created a request for support already.  Have you had any resolution to this?  

paul_vickers_12
Honored Guest
Had same. Helf power button to force off, Waited 10 min with charger till battery above 10% then it booted. May not have enought power to boot.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for sharing.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

jimbrooks10
Honored Guest
Mine wasn't a power issue.  Unit returned for replacement.

Biker69
Honored Guest
my findings with this Boot-loop

1) holding down (-) and POWER for a while -> the Logo comes and goes couple times -> then no Logo anymore and no LEDs even when under charge (before that the LED was orange)

2) hold POWER for long time has turned on the LED to orange, but the Device didnt boot up

3) remove the charging and replug -> Battery status showed up

4) POWER -> did power on the Device (*phew *lucky* me)

Levenade
Honored Guest
Fixed mine by using a high amperage charger. Check yours, gentlemen.

cyclone018
Honored Guest
Im Not Sure About The Go, But Ive had the same problem with the Quest w/ Android 7. It was stuck in a boot loop as well. and it was @ 88% But i connected the charger (The Long One That Came With The Quest.) And Had No Problem Booting Whatsoever. Id beleve this would work for the go as well. Just connect a charger (suggest something with "Fast Charging" if you dont have the original Block) then if that doesnt work, then factory reset it and backup your quest files using "SideQuest" If that does not work eather, then just make a support ticket with Facebook and get an replacement. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?