cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving my rift to my son. Advice on switching name on profile / games

GameCrunch
Protege
Hi, My kid is a gamer, and i'm not, so he asked if i'd give him my Oculus Rift, which i've agreed to do so. I'd like to know the best way to go-about this. I'd like to change the profile name to his rather than mine, and allow him to keep all the games i purchased. It can still keep my credit card details on file, but i'd like to secure it with a pin, which i believe i already have. So he can't go on a wild spending spree. (not that he would) 

Any tips / advice appreciated. 
3 REPLIES 3

Orodreth16
Expert Protege
Hi!
you can edit your user name here: https://secure.oculus.com/my/profile
There you can also change your e-mail, password or PIN.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, I didn't realise you could do that now...I might have to change from snowdog to harvluvsvannagirl ❤️

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can change your email (any time) and username (I believe twice per year) but you cannot change the real name on the account. One work around is to link a Facebook account to the Oculus account as it will pull your real name from Facebook. By default you need a PIN for purchases, so just don't share your PIN number.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV