cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus headset not detecting graphics card driver

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Oculus says that I need to update my graphics driver, but I already did multiple times I even uninstalled the Oculus software and disabled my MSI gaming app. I don't know what to do It was working fine until I updated my graphics driver.
12 REPLIES 12

Cyda
Protege
Which driver version did you update to?

hpat99
Honored Guest
same problem for me driver Nvidia 416.16, the latest provifed from Nvidia site. Isuue on support. Waiting any answer..

Cyda
Protege
That's odd, I just installed 416.16 and it seems to be working here with my 1070, I didn't try any games because I had to head back to work but Home opened fine and the HMD seems to be working as expected. I'll try some games later.

Anonymous
Not applicable
416.16 works alright with games just not VR. My whole oculus doesn’t work

Cyda
Protege
416.16 is working fine here. I played a hour of Beat Saber last night and all was fine. 

This may sound odd but try pressing Win key + P to toggle between windows' display functions a few times whilst wearing the Rift to see if this fixes the problem. This has worked for a couple of others on reddit, with display issues since the latest update, so it's worth trying.

LZoltowski
Champion
Please see the last post in this thread for a possible solution:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/70097/nvidia-driver-411-63-not-rendering-to-headset...
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I will. I will also tell you if neither of the solutions work.

cybereality
Grand Champion
See this thread: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/70224/oculus-has-detected-a-problem-with-your-graphics-driver-possible-fix-re-nvidia-core-2-0/p1
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thank you. I will definitely try these options. If they don’t work I’ll let you know.