cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands in my face

mrbungle83
Explorer
Hi, I have blue hands in my face when in rift home i didn't have it until it updated, how do i remove the hands its very annoying? i don't have the hand controllers as I only use for racing sims.
30 REPLIES 30

Haiden773
Explorer
Same here. WTH?

mrbungle83
Explorer
nO iDeA, Anyone?

sdplayer
Expert Protege
Are you using the xbox one controller? I got a message saying that I currently cannot access the Oculus store without touch controllers. Not sure if it was a bug or temporary issue though!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So... you don't actually own any Touch controllers? What does it say when you look at your devices screen?
If you did have touch controllers at one point, then maybe you can use the "forget device" option?

j5lljlj06j3d.jpg

sdplayer
Expert Protege
I have just the original xbone pad, which is becoming obsolete as most software being released now doesn't support it. 

sdplayer
Expert Protege
Just booted up the Rift. Get a message telling me that Oculus store currently cannot be accessed in VR without touch controllers, presumably meaning that for now I'll have to buy software from the desktop. Cant find anything in options to override this.

Devices screen shows the headset, sensor, gamepad and remote, which are all greenlit and indicated as working ok.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Time to order them touch controllers, meng!
Just $99

sdplayer
Expert Protege
That seems a bit extreme! I wonder how many people would have bought the Rift in 2016 if they knew that in 2018 they would be 'highly pressured' to ditch the xbone pad for a then advertised $200 controller!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

sdplayer said:

That seems a bit extreme! I wonder how many people would have bought the Rift in 2016 if they knew that in 2018 they would be 'highly pressured' to ditch the xbone pad for a then advertised $200 controller!

2 years is a very long time in "tech years." Besides, there are existing Rift owners upset that a new version of the Rift isn't already out yet. And then there's folks like you who still want to have just a Rift, Gamepad, and the original Home environment.
A lose/lose situation. It's a risk people take when investing in a Gen 1 bleeding edge tech.