cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands in my face

mrbungle83
Explorer
Hi, I have blue hands in my face when in rift home i didn't have it until it updated, how do i remove the hands its very annoying? i don't have the hand controllers as I only use for racing sims.
30 REPLIES 30

sdplayer
Expert Protege
I quite like the new environment! 

The risk comes in hardware issues. Is there something unreasonable about 'folk like me' buying a product in 2016 and expecting to still have full access in 2018!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

sdplayer said:

I quite like the new environment! 

The risk comes in hardware issues. Is there something unreasonable about 'folk like me' buying a product in 2016 and expecting to still have full access in 2018!

You do have full access! Just get your hands in the game, bro! You need your hands to access all the things.
😉

sdplayer
Expert Protege
No, I don't have full access. Not only is software is being written to exclude the gamepad but I now have compromised access to the Oculus store unless I pay for an additional product. As a consumer I can only speculate if my rights have been violated in some way! 

Did it state anywhere in Oculus's original literature that 2016 purchasers of the Rift would be handicapped in the very near future unless they buy an additional piece of hardware?

YoLolo69
Trustee
You still have access to the shop through the desktop application. The fact you can't access it in VR as you don't have a specific device don't violate any customers rights IMHO. If they remove the 2D monitor access because you didn't buy Touch, here you can speculate how they can lose their mind like this 😉

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

sdplayer
Expert Protege
Access to the Oculus store is only a small part of the problem. Games like Arizona Sunshine, Lone Echo, Beat Saber and many many more are denied me because they are not stated as having support for the gamepad (I don't know if they do but I'm not going to buy one just to find out).

To my knowledge there was no warning from Oculus/Facebook in 2016 that this was going to happen! I bought the Rift in good faith that I would always have 100% access to all Oculus Home software via the gamepad at all times. What has been happening with decreased gamepad support from 2017 onwards is not only ethically questionable but a potential matter for legal pursuit. 

I really need to know if Oculus/Facebook did indeed give some kind of verbal/written warning regarding future software restriction for xbox one controller users!

YoLolo69
Trustee
Men, sorry to say you listed games where Touch is far from mandatory due to their gameplay. If Touch didn't exist those games cannot be made. They could be somewhere adapted for gamepad users, I'm thinking an fps like Arizona Sunchine, but that will cut so much the joy of manipulate weapons by hands and targeting headshot 😉

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

sdplayer said:

Access to the Oculus store is only a small part of the problem. Games like Arizona Sunshine, Lone Echo, Beat Saber and many many more are denied me because they are not stated as having support for the gamepad

A Word Processor is not accessible without a Keyboard. Get the proper peripheral. Also, Oculus and Facebook are not the development studios for those games. If you are really unwilling to spend $99 to purchase the supported peripheral, then go to the developers websites and let them know how you feel. Complaining here won't get that message to them.
Although, you have spent quite a few hours so far complaining about this problem. Surely you could have spent that time better, such as earning the $99 to buy Touch, yes?

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Yea get a pair of touch they lretty much a must now.
Completely worth it though.
WAAAGH!

sdplayer
Expert Protege
"...a word processor is not accessible without a Keyboard..."

Likely why a word processor wouldn't be sold with a gamepad in the first place!

Not really the issue! The point here is that in summer of 2016 the Rift was sold with just a gamepad. The touch was in development but all indications suggested it would be an expensive luxury add-on simply to enhance the overall experience for those who could afford it. On placing my initial order for the Rift I, for one, never realised gamepad compatibility would very quickly start to disappear in favour of the more expensive peripheral. It was my understanding from the beginning that 'all' OH titles would include gamepad support both then and in the future. Oculus, as far as I know, never gave any indication of anything different. As I stated earlier, how many people would have bought a Rift in 2016 if they knew they could no longer access the store in VR in 2018 without the then $200 touch?

'...Although, you have spent quite a few hours so far complaining about this problem...'

That's because you keep responding!

Again, not the issue. All I need answered is whether or not Oculus/Facebook provided a reasonable indication, either verbal or written, to potential Rift buyers leading up to the summer of 2016 that gamepad compatibility would begin to disappear from OH from 2017 onward!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

sdplayer said:

"...a word processor is not accessible without a Keyboard..."

Likely why a word processor wouldn't be sold with a gamepad in the first place!

The Word Processor is the Software Application that runs on the Operating System. Your Rift was sold with a Gamepad, however, your Rift is not Arizona Sunshine. Your Rift is not Beat Saber. Your Rift is not Lone Echo.

These games - which you listed - are Software Applications, and they were never sold with a gamepad. They did not launch with Gamepad support. Arizona Sunshine, Beat Saber, and Lone Echo launched as "VR hand controllers only" games. 

You bought a computer without a Keyboard, and you're complaining about word processor software. If you want to use the word processor on your computer, then get a darn keyboard lol