cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Video in Headset on Laptop

Mani_47
Sightseer
I just bought Oculus Rift and i am having same issue of no video on headset during setup.
I am using Dell G7000 laptop, 7th gen, 8Gb ram and 1050 nvidia card. Windows 10 64 bit. Only have 1 HDMI and 3 USB ports.
Please help me set up
13 REPLIES 13

Mani_47
Sightseer
Okay so after i updated my Nvidia drivers to 416.16, i started the rift
and got video for few minutes, controllers were working, i got homepage.
but then again my video went black, again i restarted the laptop, got
the homepage for few secs and then black, since then multiple restart,
beta restart, still getting black screen in headset.

TaintFist
Heroic Explorer
Nvidia just rolled out another driver update, 416.36.  Can update it now, here is hoping it solves your issue.  Good luck.  If that doesn't work, best to put in a support ticket and get some one-on-one assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Instead of upgrading the drivers, I would try downgrading to the 398 version (unless that was the one you had before).

LZoltowski
Champion
Please also make sure you have set "prefer maximum performance" and changed the "Preferred graphics processor"

Image result for nvidia prefer discrete graphics
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Mani_47
Sightseer

Please also make sure you have set "prefer maximum performance" and changed the "Preferred graphics processor"

Image result for nvidia prefer discrete graphics

I tried your advice and set the setting to Highperformance. due to that i got the video on headset, but after some time it got flickering (on and off) if i tilt my head down, it would turn on, but at normal level again black screen, after about 30 secs i got black screen again. Then i unplugged the VR from laptop and replug it, i got a white flash screen and again black screen. is there something wrong with my headset?

Mani_47
Sightseer

TaintFist said:

Nvidia just rolled out another driver update, 416.36.  Can update it now, here is hoping it solves your issue.  Good luck.  If that doesn't work, best to put in a support ticket and get some one-on-one assistance.

I just checked driver and it actually is 416.34, not 16 and that is the latest driver that is available

Mani_47
Sightseer

Instead of upgrading the drivers, I would try downgrading to the 398 version (unless that was the one you had before).

How can i downgrade it?

Mani_47
Sightseer

TaintFist said:

I did contacted support but they said that my laptop is not Oculus Ready certified and they cant help me unless i buy oculus ready pc.

LZoltowski
Champion

Mani_47 said:

TaintFist said:

I did contacted support but they said that my laptop is not Oculus Ready certified and they cant help me unless i buy oculus ready pc.

You can search for Nvidia Drivers here:
https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk

You can also try disabling USB power management for ALL USB hubs

First, in your Power profile settings make sure Selective suspend is set to off:

v8r6dmjeecsb.jpg
Then in device settings make sure sensors and all of your USB hubs have this option set to off (right click on each one and go to properties)

xjfwyackjqye.jpg

make sure this box is unticked:

xwga5r23vwfc.jpg

Just double check you have "prefer maximum performance" set too

Image result for nvidia prefer maximum performance
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂