cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oculus has detected a problem with your graphics driver" possible fix, re: Nvidia + Core 2.0

LZoltowski
Champion
According to reports, you may experience the rift not showing a white indicator LED and no image in the rift with the core 2.0 update and latest Nvidia drivers.

A possible fix has been reported to work for people:

Delete the file C:\WINDOWS\System32\amd-vulkan64.json if it exists.

The most common correlation between the users with the issue is that at some point they had an AMD card in their system and the json file is interfering with the Vulkan drivers that Core 2.0 is now using.

A good idea is to use the DDU tool to completely wipe your drivers out and re-instal a fresh copy.

DDU can be found here: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
22 REPLIES 22

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey @LZoltowski thanks for posting this thread. The best way of solving this issue is to use DDU safe mode to uninstall all video drivers, including both Nvidia and AMD if you've ever used them on your machine, and then install that latest video driver for your current video card. You may also need to install the Intel graphics driver, particularly on laptops but any machine that includes an integrated GPU on the CPU may be affected (this would be most modern Intel processors). Also, it is spelled Vulkan with a "k". Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LZoltowski
Champion

Hey @LZoltowski thanks for posting this thread. The best way of solving this issue is to use DDU safe mode to uninstall all video drivers, including both Nvidia and AMD if you've ever used them on your machine, and then install that latest video driver for your current video card. You may also need to install the Intel graphics driver, particularly on laptops but any machine that includes an integrated GPU on the CPU may be affected (this would be most modern Intel processors). Also, it is spelled Vulkan with a "k". Thanks.

Sorry, my startrek is showing. my auto-correct kicked in. fixed the spelling.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
Another tool to use is CCleaner. Cleans up files that DDU leaves behind along with invalid registry entrys. Best tool ever. All you need is the free version. 

Www.piriform.com and click on CCleaner. 

roballen321
Honored Guest
Thank you so much for posting this! I've tried everything to fix this error, Oculus tech support were useless and I was just packing my rift up to take back to the store for Vive and I stumbled across your post and your fix worked like a charm! 

LZoltowski
Champion

Thank you so much for posting this! I've tried everything to fix this error, Oculus tech support were useless and I was just packing my rift up to take back to the store for Vive and I stumbled across your post and your fix worked like a charm! 

Awesome! Glad you got it sorted!

Be kind to one another 🙂

dosenbr0t
Honored Guest
Sorry, but this doesn't solved the problem (for me).

LZoltowski
Champion

dosenbr0t said:

Sorry, but this doesn't solved the problem (for me).

What is your issue?

Be kind to one another 🙂

dosenbr0t
Honored Guest
I get an error message in the oculus app, indicating that something is wrong with the graphic driver. The headset stays black. I already did a fresh install of the graphics driver (using the DDU Software in Safe Mode). The vulkan files are not in the directory (C:\WINDOWS\System32\amd-vulkan64.json).

I also tried deleting the vulkan *dll and *exe files mentioned by cybereality in another post (in windows/system32 folder), and i did a repair installation of the oculus app.

I'm also in contact with the oculus support via e-mail.

I'm using a GTX 1070Ti (driver version 416.34) and never had an AMD Card

I just want to play 😞 it's so anyoing

LZoltowski
Champion

dosenbr0t said:

I get an error message in the oculus app, indicating that something is wrong with the graphic driver. The headset stays black. I already did a fresh install of the graphics driver (using the DDU Software in Safe Mode). The vulkan files are not in the directory (C:\WINDOWS\System32\amd-vulkan64.json).

I also tried deleting the vulkan *dll and *exe files mentioned by cybereality in another post (in windows/system32 folder), and i did a repair installation of the oculus app.

I'm also in contact with the oculus support via e-mail.

I'm using a GTX 1070Ti (driver version 416.34) and never had an AMD Card

I just want to play 😞 it's so anyoing

Can you follow the instructions on here and attach the logs?
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/70097/nvidia-driver-411-63-not-rendering-to-headset...

Be kind to one another 🙂