cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Video on Go ?

motorsep
Rising Star
I tried sideloading Amazon Prime Video app .apk and that didn't work 😕

It works in the Oculus(?) web browser, but there is no way to scale video to fit browser's windows or open it up full screen, so to speak.

Has anyone managed to get Amazon Prime Video watchable in one way or another on Go ? How did you do that ?

Thanks

P.S. I wish Oculus managed to convince Amazon to have actual VR app (or Oculus TV app) for their Prime Video service.
16 REPLIES 16

LZoltowski
Champion
I have not tried it myself, but have you tried running the GO browser in Desktop mode and then trying Prime VIdeo?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

motorsep
Rising Star

I have not tried it myself, but have you tried running the GO browser in Desktop mode and then trying Prime VIdeo?

When I click that icon for desktop mode (top right corner, in the header) nothing happens.

LZoltowski
Champion
It should tell Amazon that you are looking at it on a desktop-class browser, have you tried refreshing amazon and running the video?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

motorsep
Rising Star

It should tell Amazon that you are looking at it on a desktop-class browser, have you tried refreshing amazon and running the video?

Yep, I did. I tried turning it on before I loaded Amazon, after and when video was already playing.

mikeyreds12
Explorer
It’s possible to watch Amazon Prime Video in the browser by selecting desktop mode.  Same for watching Googleplay movies.  However its not ideal and nowhere near as good as the real cinema feel of BigScreen, Oculus Video, CineVR etc.  It would be really good to have dedicated apps with a download facility as per iPad etc.  I’m sure it will come but its not there yet unfortunately.  In the UK the Oculus Store has no option for movies to rent/buy or no Pluto TV for the Oculus TV app.  Bit frustrating really. 

robinsh56
Explorer
Yes , I downloaded latest version of amazon prime video https://www.todaysmartphone.com/download-amazon-prime-video-apk-for-pc.html  tried but never succeeded with app. only possible way : Oculus browser. But it doesn't perfect.  :s  Amazon needs to update VR version too.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
As long as I select the Oculus browser desktop mode after logging into my amazon Prime I do not have any problems watching Prime movies/TV on my Go.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

motorsep
Rising Star

TomCgcmfc said:

As long as I select the Oculus browser desktop mode after logging into my amazon Prime I do not have any problems watching Prime movies/TV on my Go.

Good to hear it works for some folks. Still doesn't work for me.

robinsh56
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

i'm so glad to hear that , Congrats :wink: