cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home 1 or Home 2 or Both ?

OK then, as per the title, I'm surprised this poll hasn't been created already really... rather then half a dozen threads being created about the exact same subject! anyway rather than have a little rant about creating a thread rather then adding a comment to an existing tread, I thought a poll would yield more meaningful insights 🙂

Soooooo…….

51 REPLIES 51

I knew you'd do that, Cyber 😐

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I have a Rift and GO. I can say for certain that Oculus GO has the original Oculus Home in it. So if someone is really truly needing that Home 1.0 experience, then grab a GO!

FIN.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Seems I am in good company lol.
WAAAGH!

Digikid1
Consultant
I strongly believe in letting your customers have a choice regardless. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I do agree that customers should have a choice, however, that does not mean that customers should dictate what the choices should be. The company makes that decision.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

Ha-Ha, many customers (esp. the vocal minority) don't know jack all, just enough to be dangerous imho.  Screw political correctness and democracy.  Just give me an intelligent and benevolent Dictatorship anytime, lol!

Just kidding guys (well at least for the most part).  There are lots of bigger fishes in this big old world to fry.

Oh, by the way, I chose to keep Core 2, period.  Mainly because I don't think it makes any sense to try to progress anything from 2x forks in the road at the same time.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

Digikid1 said:

Ha-Ha, many customers (esp. the vocal minority) don't know jack all, just enough to be dangerous imho.  Screw political correctness and democracy.  Just give me an intelligent and benevolent Dictatorship anytime, lol!

Just kidding guys (well at least for the most part).  There are lots of bigger fishes in this big old world to fry.

Oh, by the way, I chose to keep Core 2, period.  Mainly because I don't think it makes any sense to try to progress anything from 2x forks in the road at the same time.

Precisely. The general populace should never dictate the actual choice(s). Or to put it another way: the lunatics should not be running the asylum.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
But I do respect that you believe in the rights of the consumer @Digikid1 !
❤️

kojack
MVP
MVP
I'm already planning my own Home.
Home 1 was pointless.
Home 2 teases user customisation but actually disappoints because of how uncustomisable it really is. The room is fixed, you can just add objects and change some textures. Why are there no other room types? Those support beams and the uneven floor are annoying. There should at least be a large empty cube room so we can import meshes to make things look the way we want without fixed geometry getting in the way.

My Home is probably going to be the cockpit of a Python. I think tonight I might start on some Elite Dangerous file reverse engineering.
Actually an Anaconda bridge might be better, more room.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2