cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

korgen63
Protege
Everything was fine with 0.83 but 0.84 gives me an error.

Each time I launch OTT, USB Selective Suspend is blanked:
y1tdx0r3zyy5.jpg

When I change to disable (my default setting in 0.83), I get that error:
wtwq1y0ldlxg.jpg

Maybe because of non english windows.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

korgen63 said:

Everything was fine with 0.83 but 0.84 gives me an error.

Each time I launch OTT, USB Selective Suspend is blanked:
y1tdx0r3zyy5.jpg

When I change to disable (my default setting in 0.83), I get that error:
wtwq1y0ldlxg.jpg

Maybe because of non english windows.

Ya, I found the same and got the same warning (in English).  I needed to make the start and end set power plan both to high performance and usb selective suspend disabled.  Also, checked box for sensor power management.

I think that most times you can ignore warnings but I'm kinda OCD., lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Netheri
Rising Star
My bugs are that when the OTT starts with the Windows, it puts the rift audio as audio device as i think it should do that on oculusclient.exe start? The power plan sometimes hang to performance when it should come back to balanced. Also the minimize Oculus to tray stops working after a while and sometimes weird programs end up in the OTT's Oculus library, like Windows Store. 😄

What is great with OTT is the possibility to restart Oculus backround service, when for some reason ir cameras lose tracking or aren't found. Closing Oculus desktop app and restarting the O-service from the OTT always fixes that problem.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Netheri
Rising Star
@ApollyonVR
Is it possible to implement into OTT the option to load (both with admin rights) the OculusDash.exe and oculus-platform-runtime.exe and through OTT's tray icons right mouse click menus? These two runtimes are required at least for HMD screens to be enabled while oculusclient.exe is blocked from running automatically with the admin trick at least with SteamVR.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@korgen63 I'll look into that and send you something to test soon.
@Netheri Will PM you about that and see what we can come up with.

Netheri
Rising Star
@ApollyonVR
Ok. I don't have any programming skills, i just have the idea. 🙂 But it would greatly (at least) help the use SteamVR if those two Oculus exe's could be just ran witn admin rights through one click when needed. So we could separate SteamVR and OculusVR totally from a part like we used to with only the admin trick.

YoLolo69
Trustee

Netheri said:

@ApollyonVR
Is it possible to implement into OTT the option to load (both with admin rights) the OculusDash.exe and oculus-platform-runtime.exe and through OTT's tray icons right mouse click menus? These two runtimes are required at least for HMD screens to be enabled while oculusclient.exe is blocked from running automatically with the admin trick at least with SteamVR.

I really don't think it's a good idea to implement such dirty tricks
unless Oculus Devs teams give the green light to that. Devs already say they study what's going on, so it's gona change or move soon. Adding that to OTT will land to
a mess to maintain each time Oculus update theirs executables, and will
probably lead to other sides effects on pretty near future. I suggest to keep OTT far from
such stuffs IMHO...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Netheri
Rising Star
Well there isn't option to disable ASW on Oculus apps also, or disable Sensor Power Management or bring up SS up on applications, or make Fresco registry tweaks also, so should we remove those too from OTT as dirty tricks until those are implemented on Oculus's own app? One can always choose not to be using these options on OTT, one thing we can't choose on Oculus's own options.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
AudioSwitcher fix in progress, will get you guys something to test as soon as i can.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Netheri said:

Well there isn't option to disable ASW on Oculus apps also, or disable Sensor Power Management or bring up SS up on applications, or make Fresco registry tweaks also, so should we remove those too from OTT as dirty tricks until those are implemented on Oculus's own app? One can always choose not to be using these options on OTT, one thing we can't choose on Oculus's own options.

Ya, I hear what you are saying but I agree with Yolo that we should not try to force non-standard Oculus processes using OTT.

You can control ASW within any Oculus App, even steamVR apps run with the Oculus home opened beforehand.  All you need to do is use the CTRL+1-4Num keys (numbers from your numeric keyboard, not the top row numbers).  this is a lot easier than doing this with the Oculus Debug Tool imho.

CTRL+1 = ASW disabled
CTRL+2 = 45fps locked without ASW
CTRL+3 = 45fps locked w/ASW
CTRL+4 = ASW auto (= default, and is generally fine for most apps)

You can select the ASW mode you want after you start up your Oculus Home, or you can select it after starting up your game.  This is kinda handy since you can try these out while playing your game to see which one works best for you.  You do not even need to restart your game for these to come into effect.  the only problem I found trying to do with some SteamVR games running is that sometimes these CTRL+1-4 are used for other functions (eg. change views).  In most cases you can get around this by simply pausing the game, then apply them, then un-pause.  Of course you can still apply then before starting up the game.

Sensor power management and USB power management are easy to do by just going to your windows device manager, right clicking on these and uncheck the box in the performance tab that allows windows to suspend these to save power.

Power management in general can easily be handled by simply selecting the windows Power Plan you want to use.  I'm sure that most of us already just use the High Performance Power Plan and you can further modify this yourself if necessary.

I don't know about the fresno reg tweaks because this is not an issue with me.  If it is an issue with you there may be things you can do in regedit or device manager to help sort these out.

OTT has some CPU priority options but I have never seen any diffs selecting high priority vs normal.  

OTT also has some voice command options but this is not something that I use.  However, it may be useful for some.

One thing that we cannot do is select SS for our Oculus apps and this is where the OTT profiles really come in handy.  This is def something that Oculus should include within it's Core 2.0 home settings (or at least the Oculus Desktop app) imho.  Fortunately most Oculus apps now have some SS options (they may be called pixel density). 

SteamVR app SS's can be controlled either globally or individually using SteamVR settings.  

My independent apps like X-Plane 11 can pretty well be tuned with their in-built graphics options, together with a little Nvidia Control Panel 3D application tweaking.

Audio switching generally works fine without OTT within both Oculus home and SteamVR environments.  However this is not always the case with non-Oculus Store bought apps (all my Oculus Store ones work fine).  So sometimes I need to manually do this by selecting my windows speaker icon and selecting the output I want.  No big deal and there are only a few of my apps that have this problem (a couple of SteamVR apps and one independent app).

Since the latest Windows 1809 and Oculus 1.31/core 2.0 updates I have noticed some VR system un-stability so for now I have uninstalled OTT and I'm just using the manual tweaks mentioned above. I gotta say that since I've done this my whole VR system has been a lot more stable and, in some cases, my performance (fps) has improved a bit as well.  So, for now, no more beta testing, changing Nvidia drivers, and trying non-standard workarounds for me.  For now, it ain't broke so it don't need fixing, lol!

Once a newer version of OTT (0.85?) is released and we get reports that this all works fine I will probably try it again.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers