cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home 1 or Home 2 or Both ?

OK then, as per the title, I'm surprised this poll hasn't been created already really... rather then half a dozen threads being created about the exact same subject! anyway rather than have a little rant about creating a thread rather then adding a comment to an existing tread, I thought a poll would yield more meaningful insights 🙂

Soooooo…….

51 REPLIES 51

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
Stick with Home 2.0 only but do one of the following

1. Resolve the performance issues a number of users are reporting (works fine for me)
  2. Give users an option for the performance impacting features of Dash and Core 2.0 to be disabled.
CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

RuneSR2 said:

Still - right now with only 23 votes - 38 % of the voters want a solution including classic Home, while 47 % want the current solution (only Home 2.0).  

Yep. And 38 is such a maasssiiivvee number
😉

I predict that we are about 3 days away from all of this becoming a non-factor. Heck, the community is already moving on to complaining about more Avatar options in 2.0 lol

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Zenbane said:

RuneSR2 said:

Still - right now with only 23 votes - 38 % of the voters want a solution including classic Home, while 47 % want the current solution (only Home 2.0).  

Yep. And 38 is such a maasssiiivvee number
😉

I predict that we are about 3 days away from all of this becoming a non-factor. Heck, the community is already moving on to complaining about more Avatar options in 2.0 lol

No one reads this forum - and we're up to 27 votes now. 40 % (wanting a solution including classic Home 1.0) vs. 48 % (wanting only Home 2.0). And it seems we're many with high-end systems in here, I wonder if that represents the average Rift user, at least it doesn't at all represent the average Steam user. 

We'll probably need 500+ votes to get nice statistics...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

RuneSR2 said:
No one reads this forum - and we're up to 27 votes now. 40 %

But people read reddit, and we already counted those reddit threads which are equally low. I do like your excuses commitment tho
😛

40%? That's almost half of massive! woohoo!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Also, if anyone wants to see the current activity going on with the Oculus Rift Facebook Group, you can check it out here:

Business as usual. Someone live streamed Lone Echo today, another person is currently streaming the movie 300 on Big Screens; people are asking advice about new games and sharing these types of experiences (all in the last 48 hours):

Just saying. Evasion Is awesome!!! Had to stop playing last night cuz I’m out of shape lol. Can’t wait to get back into it today!! Well worth the cost. Think I need some computer upgrades though. Or turn down the graphics a bit.

That's only about 2K members though. If you wanna see the present day activity of the 25K Oculus Rift Group, you'll find much of the same:

People sharing stories and photos of their families enjoying OVR and the latest Home update, and developers showcasing their work. I count only 1 person in the last 24 hours who asked how to disable Home 2.0

I'm only sharing this to remind readers that this forum tends to be used for heavy Tech Support during major updates; but the complaints rarely tend to represent the the global Rift community.
🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Now it's 46 % for a solution using classic Home and 43 % for "Home 2.0 only" solution  😮

This is getting fun to watch, I better get some popcorn and cold beers!  😄

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
BTW, remember to vote here too:

https://rift.uservoice.com/forums/907748-home/suggestions/35652787-give-us-an-option-to-go-back-to-h...

TaintFist
Heroic Explorer
I vote for both, but with a caveat.  I would not expect Oculus to maintain both moving forward.  Since there are a few people that do use the Rift outside Oculus, that are having various issues doing that, I do not see why 1.0 could not be available for use, at least until the final bugs are ironed out in 2.0.  There is no reason not to be able to use 1.0 at least in the short term, there won't be any reason to maintain it parallel to 2.0, because once 2.0 is fixed up and all the little issues are straitened away, there won't be any need for anyone to have 1.0.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Rune honestly those petitions are about as good as the one on the White House forums that wanted Obama to build a Death Star.

They either make people feel good or let folks have a good laugh but they honestly do not accomplish anything.

WAAAGH!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Morgrum said:

Rune honestly those petitions are about as good as the one on the White House forums that wanted Obama to build a Death Star.

They either make people feel good or let folks have a good laugh but they honestly do not accomplish anything.

It's not my petitions - I made none of them 😉 Of course you could be right, I guess it just shows that some/several users would like a more simple Home than the current. Maybe a simple solution like the ability to start in Store 2.0 instead of Home 2.0 could solve a lot. Store 2.0 is quite similar to classic Home in simplicity and design.