cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it be planned a deal in this end of year or christmas for the rift bundle?

RX67B
Honored Guest
No forced games that one doesn't want to, only the device+controllers+sensors ready to go? right now the price is not that appealing. 300 350 euros (I am european) for a new bundle would be much more attractive for a lot of reasons. I have been told that last year it actually happened.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CrashFu
Consultant
It's certainly possible, though with how low the base price has gotten, they might just do a special like "$50 store credit with purchase" instead.

It's also worth mentioning that the new Oculus Quest system is planned for release in Spring.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

View solution in original post

falken76
Expert Consultant

RX67B said:

No forced games that one doesn't want to, only the device+controllers+sensors ready to go? right now the price is not that appealing. 300 350 euros (I am european) for a new bundle would be much more attractive for a lot of reasons. I have been told that last year it actually happened.

The price is already low considering where it started, but I'm sure you can get a deal through Amazon on a black friday sale, or don't you guys do something called Boxing day?  I'm sure they'll run sales during that time as well.  But I'd watch Amazon for the sales, they're on top of their shit when it comes to retail and logistics.  I would suspect that Oculus will also put something on sale, but I'd count on Amazon.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CrashFu
Consultant
It's certainly possible, though with how low the base price has gotten, they might just do a special like "$50 store credit with purchase" instead.

It's also worth mentioning that the new Oculus Quest system is planned for release in Spring.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

RX67B
Honored Guest
Thanks for the quick answer, I'll wait this year if it actually happens then.
Mostly wanting to try at first hand if Vr is actually a worth thing for my tastes to take serious steps into it

falken76
Expert Consultant

RX67B said:

The price is already low considering where it started, but I'm sure you can get a deal through Amazon on a black friday sale, or don't you guys do something called Boxing day?  I'm sure they'll run sales during that time as well.  But I'd watch Amazon for the sales, they're on top of their shit when it comes to retail and logistics.  I would suspect that Oculus will also put something on sale, but I'd count on Amazon.

LZoltowski
Champion

falken76 said:

RX67B said:

Heh, I paid the early adopter tax 🙂  £526 for OG rift + £99 for touch controllers 😛

Don't regret it tho !...

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

falken76 said:

RX67B said:

Heh, I paid the early adopter tax 🙂  £526 for OG rift + £99 for touch controllers 😛

Don't regret it tho !...

£640 here I think it was+99 for touch

RX67B
Honored Guest
For what it is right now, techs, overall optimization and investissments in the market, I dont think that it is worth that much. inflating the price with games that I won't play more than a few hours is not my cup of tea either. I respect those who think it is tho, everybody uses their money as they see fit if it doesnt hurt anyone.

Amazon can be tricky about VR from what Ive seen sometimes, and I usually prefer a more closer approch about things I buy. Nonetheless, rn (couple of months) the device's bundle on amazon is about 450, I'll keep an eye on it, thx

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Does the games bundle actually add to the cost? If it was store credit I could see it doing this, but I'm not sure about the games shipped with Rift increasing the cost. Price will probably dropped by about $50 come sale time imo..