cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable autostart of Oculus software?

DaedricAngel
Explorer
The autostart I am referring to is when you close the oculus program on your desktop and it instantly launches again. I have switched the services to manual via task manager and it worked until my PC was restarted. I doubled checked and they are still set to manual. Even stopping the programs via taskmanager they still relaunch! This should really be a setting in the oculus app and is one of the most stupid things I have even seen on a software. I should be able to close a program when not using. I am a Streamer and I don't want the extra drain on my PC. Oculus support if you see this please ask your devs to add this as a option in the settings to disable all autostarts. Thats why we have clickable shortcuts....

Power of the Beard Gaming
Mixer.com/daedric_angel
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bummer... What about oculus-driver.exe in an adjacent folder? Does it solve it if it is set as "run as admin"?

Marc-G
Protege

Bummer... What about oculus-driver.exe in an adjacent folder? Does it solve it if it is set as "run as admin"?

Again same as before it still runs, changing to MANUAL in Services and I get the error about "We're having trouble..."

LZoltowski
Champion
OculusClinet.exe (desktop app Store/Sensor Config/Setup reset/Guardian Setup/Library)
OVRServer (service) (core service related to tracking etc)
Oculus Runtime Platform (core service related to runtimes)
OculusDash (core service for interfacing with Oculus/Store/Home/Settings/Recentering/Volume adjustment while in VR)

Are ESSENTIAL services and cannot be disabled. They all depend on each other, at the moment.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Marc-G
Protege

OculusClinet.exe (desktop app Store/Sensor Config/Setup reset/Guardian Setup/Library)
OculusDash (core service for interfacing with Oculus/Store/Home/Settings/Recentering/Volume adjustment while in VR)

Are ESSENTIAL services and cannot be disabled. They all depend on each other, at the moment.

I'm not trying to disable anything I just want to set the Programs as MANUAL so that Oculus Home starts when I want it too not when *it* wants it too, having to unplug the HDMI is not the solution to an ongoing issue that pre-v1.31 was working perfectly fine.

vr_marco
Protege

Marc-G said:

I'm not trying to disable anything I just want to set the Programs as MANUAL so that Oculus Home starts when I want it too not when *it* wants it too, having to unplug the HDMI is not the solution to an ongoing issue that pre-v1.31 was working perfectly fine.

Click on Windows, type "Services" + Enter, this opens the Services manager. Scroll down until you find Oculus Runtime VR Services, right click and choose Stop.
This service has a startup of type Automatic. If you were to set it to Manual, no Oculus software will be loaded at startup. But then to use your Rift you will have to manually start this service. If need be, you can always create a batch (cmd) file for it.

Marc-G
Protege

vr_marco said:

Marc-G said:

Click on Windows, type "Services" + Enter, this opens the Services manager. Scroll down until you find Oculus Runtime VR Services, right click and choose Stop.
This service has a startup of type Automatic. If you were to set it to Manual, no Oculus software will be loaded at startup. But then to use your Rift you will have to manually start this service. If need be, you can always create a batch (cmd) file for it.

If you had read my posts above you would see that's exactly what I have been doing but it does not work with v1.31...I'm getting tired of repeating myself here.

vr_marco
Protege

Marc-G said:

vr_marco said:

Marc-G said:

If you had read my posts above you would see that's exactly what I have been doing but it does not work with v1.31...I'm getting tired of repeating myself here.

I tried this with 1.31 and it works, meaning there is no longer any Oculus software running on your PC until you manually start the main Oculus Service. At that point you launch the Oculus Client and everything is back to normal. Close Client, stop the main service and the Oculus stack is gone again.

Marc-G
Protege

vr_marco said:

Marc-G said:

vr_marco said:

Marc-G said:

I tried this with 1.31 and it works, meaning there is no longer any Oculus software running on your PC until you manually start the main Oculus Service. At that point you launch the Oculus Client and everything is back to normal. Close Client, stop the main service and the Oculus stack is gone again.

Ok that does not work on my end, this is after a fresh installation and Repair.

Marc-G
Protege
This is the error I'm met with when making the Service MANUAL

cldw8phvw521.jpg

AussieStig
Expert Protege
I have the same issue, pre 1.31, I could just close the DT app and the light on the HMD would go to orange and that's it. Now the app is perpetually re-starting itself when I try to close it. The only way I can close the app is to power down the HMD. Has anyone found a solution to this annoying issue? Cheers, AussieStig