cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did the Dead and Buried team use an iPad to look into the virtual world?

lahj3
Honored Guest
I was at OC5 and played in the awesome 3v3 Dead and Buried demo. The gameplay was great, but I am confused about how the multiplayer experience worked.
  1. How did an iPad look into the game and how was it tracked? 
  2. Was each game started with one of the 6 headsets that the players wore or was there some master device controlling the experience (such as the iPad)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LZoltowski
Champion
I read in an interview somewhere that the iPad was just another player, just as a floating camera, the tracking was done using AR kit and the front-facing camera (using the symbols in the area as points of reference)

Each headset connected to a "server" a bit like joining a multiplayer game on steam. Each game a position relative to the area back to the server so that other players would see that player in the right position.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

LZoltowski
Champion
I read in an interview somewhere that the iPad was just another player, just as a floating camera, the tracking was done using AR kit and the front-facing camera (using the symbols in the area as points of reference)

Each headset connected to a "server" a bit like joining a multiplayer game on steam. Each game a position relative to the area back to the server so that other players would see that player in the right position.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
They did it the same way Brad Pitt did it in Cool World!
WAAAGH!

lahj3
Honored Guest
@LZoltowski could you elaborate more on how they used AR kit? I'd be happy to look at the interview if you remember where it is