cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new avatars are a downgrade

TenThirty
Honored Guest
Why can't I change my skin to be a cosmic nebula anymore? Where did the hats go? These avatars are so boring and ugly it is seriously turning me off Oculus games. I used to be so excited to look down and see my starry hands, and now I'm just another random character. It defeats the purpose of VR imo. They were on the right track and I was expecting there to be more and better customization, not less. Why would they do this? 
9 REPLIES 9

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I haven't tried these yet, but the Avatar component is supposed to allow for some great future customization. If the latest patch doesn't have them all yet, it's only a matter of time. Plus, Dev's can now support Oculus Avatars in their games, and even SteamVR should support it. If there was a sacrifice with this first release, it is likely related to the need to launch with full cross-compatibility.

vannagirl
Consultant
I agree

Would be great to have the choice of the older and newer ones in one package.
A number of us like the older that is obvious, i assume though the newer are more appealing in social networking apps to Oculus, at a guess.

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

kzintzi
Trustee
what they need is MORE BEARDS!!!! cannot believe I can't find a face-covering to reflect the awesome that is my beard!!
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

LZoltowski
Champion

kzintzi said:

what they need is MORE BEARDS!!!! cannot believe I can't find a face-covering to reflect the awesome that is my beard!!

YES +10 to beards! 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant

kzintzi said:

YES +10 to beards! 🙂

😕 😕 😕 😕 😕

NO BEARDS!!!!!

kzintzi
Trustee
don't listen to him, he's drunk!!
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

YES +10 to beards! 🙂

+1

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I don't like it, either - lost my nice hat!

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
MORE BEARDS, MORE BEARDS, MORE BEARDS!!