Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sixense are refunding all Kickstarter backers

kojack
MVP
MVP
From their kickstarter page:

After careful deliberation, we have decided to provide full refunds to all of our Kickstarter backers.

We
are processing refunds to each backer via PayPal since it is impossible
to refund to the initial form of payment (this is the method suggested
by Kickstarter). We will send each backer a private message via
Kickstarter so that you can provide us the email address associated with
your PayPal account. We will refund the full amount that you pledged to
that account. Please respond to the private message by November 15,

We appreciate the support from the Kickstarter community
and we encourage anyone who is interested in our VR/AR platform and
products to visit our website at www.sixense.com.

Thank you,

Amir Rubin

Cool, I'll get back my $299 after 5 years of waiting (I'm not returning the tshirt! Even though it doesn't fit, it seems many people never even got it, I was lucky)
It's a little sad though, I would still like to get Stem. The hand controllers aren't as good as Touch, but with 5 trackers it would have been great to give us body tracking without giving money to HTC for Vive pucks.

Now if PrioVr could SHIP MORE THAN ONE SUIT PER YEAR they might reach my order number while I'm still alive to use it.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
21 REPLIES 21

nosys70
Expert Protege

i gave up with priovr and go with the perception neuron. no regrets

kojack
MVP
MVP

nosys70 said:

i gave up with priovr and go with the perception neuron. no regrets

My work has a Perception Neuron. It's pretty cool.
Well, we did have one, apparently it's been loaned to another campus and they broke it. 😞

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Guess I'll be getting my money back. Still wanted the controllers, but it's been so long I lost hope.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

msm903
Protege
Sad was hoping to replace my aging razor hydra. I wonder if anyone else makes a decent motion controller. 

kzintzi
Trustee

msm903 said:

Sad was hoping to replace my aging razor hydra. I wonder if anyone else makes a decent motion controller. 

Oculus make a decent Motion controller.. oh wait, you mean outside of VR :tongue:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bloody hell, that's a surprise to hear. I thought they had done a runner to the Cayman Islands, having the office next door to Chris Roberts' one lololol

kernow
Heroic Explorer

kojack said:

Now if PrioVr could SHIP MORE THAN ONE SUIT PER YEAR they might reach my order number while I'm still alive to use it.

Yep. Still waiting on PrioVR, myself. They seem to have stopped responding to messages and emails asking for shipping updates. 😞 Kind of pisses me off they are selling and shipping the suits on their website, but haven't bothered to finish shipping to their backers.

However, I also backed Perception Neuron, received the full suit a couple years ago, and have been happy with it.

kojack
MVP
MVP
If my maths isn't wrong (don't do currency conversions at 4am), back when the kickstarter was on, $299us (the tier I got) was equal to $323au (what I paid). But today, $299us is equal to $419au. So I have gotten a $96au profit.7icn14oze6fc.gif

Luciferous
Consultant
Just got burned with a kickstarter myself also, last one I am backing.

Kickstarter is not the slightest bit interested in resolving the problem. Seems just a great way to commit fraud and get a way with it.

Just read the comments on PrioVR, disgusting way to treat backers. I think they should organise a group visit to the company. 

At least sixth sense have done the honorable thing. I thought it was doomed as soon as I used the Touch for the first time.

Completely unrelated to VR but this is what I backed, still holding out hope as it is early days but the total lack respect for backers is galling. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1348567444/levizen-levitate-water-and-feel-zero-gravity