cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to install older versions?

Mooffin
Explorer
13 REPLIES 13

cybereality
Grand Champion
It seems like all the reports about performance issues are from sim racing fans. Is it possible the problem is with a particular racing game, or even a hardware conflict with a wheel controller? Can people reporting problems list the specific games they are having issues with and if they have any non-standard controllers connected to their PC (like racing wheels) and which specific model?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

TaintFist
Heroic Explorer

It seems like all the reports about performance issues are from sim racing fans. Is it possible the problem is with a particular racing game, or even a hardware conflict with a wheel controller? Can people reporting problems list the specific games they are having issues with and if they have any non-standard controllers connected to their PC (like racing wheels) and which specific model?

I have had problems too that were uncommon before (I've submitted reports though too already, with log files).  I'm not in a racing Sim, but it is a game outside Oculus.  Skyrim VR, I cut out a couple of mods and dropped the SS a few points, and that fixed my issues mostly.  I do get periodic spots of really bad stutter and ghosting though, that wasn't happening before.  Also had a strange freeze that pulled me out of 3d for several seconds, and then locked the action of my left trigger on.  Reloading a save didn't fix it, I had to close everything down to desktop and reload.  Not major issues, and the stuttering doesn't happen often, but still a game launching outside of Oculus.  Maybe the problem is something to do with that?  

NorbertNordwand
Protege
I do not understand the problem on the part of Facebook .. On your hard drive are certainly the data for V1.30.
It has passed more than a week ..
Except that the users here in the forum with tricks and hacks try to get things running, nothing happens.
It now looks increasingly reinforced that it concerns Simracer.
All report, that it ran with V1.30 without problems ..
Then comes here again the assumption that it should be on the steering wheel or other devices ...
I do not think that's what it's about ..
Just give us "Simracern and Flight Simulation Fans" the chance to get Oculus running without a home and lots of resources in the background.
And the eternal discussion would come to an end.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Norbert1977 - This is what was explained to me by someone..

• Home 2.0 is the interactive home, it shuts down when inside a game and consumes no resources
  • Dash 2.0 is the UI .. the panel with the icons and settings, it needs to appear instantly when you press the Oculus Menu button on the right controller, so it needs to stay in memory. It also allows you to wear the watch and keep pinned windows while in a game, as well as to quit an app, glance at your desktop, or recenter. Think of it as the windows taskbar, it's still there even when you play a full-screen game. 
  • Core 2.0 is the underlying software where the magic happens, tracking etc /...