cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Home 2.0 - Enhancement Requests

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The purpose of this thread is to compile a list of any suggestions for additional enhancements and other "nice to have" things for the new Home 2.0 Environment. If anyone is having any issues with Home 2.0, please use a separate thread to report problems and grievances.
Granted there may be some enhancement requests that walk a fine line, such as the need to update Home 2.0 in such a way that it has little to no impact on the overall performance of the Rift when in VR. As of now we know that the Oculus Dev's are aware, and it is on their roadmap to engage in continuous improvement the Home 2.0 runtime optimization and overall experience.

That being said, I'd like to begin with my own Enhancement request:
In addition to owning the Oculus Rift, I also have GO. One of my favorite features in GO comes from browsing the store - which is an experience that takes the user in to the various environments of the VR Title you are browsing. So for example, if you click on Sea Life Relax then your 360 environment takes you under water and surrounded by whales. If you click on the Lone Echo 2 trailer, you end up inside the space station next to Liv.
Not all titles do this, but many of them have it implemented. It is similar to what Netflix does... how it starts to play a trailer when you hover over a film. Currently, the Oculus Store has a stationary video interface that you can watch while standing. But it would be amazing if developers could provide either a 360 image, 360 video, or even a full VR Trailer for anything in the store.
Imagine if Lone Echo had this, and when you clicked the "preview" button, you are suddenly Jack floating above the rings of Saturn. Not that this would be a playable demo, just a cut-scene that puts the user inside the VR world.
That feature alone would provide hours of fun browsing the 1,000+ (and growing) title list.
31 REPLIES 31

CrashFu
Consultant
Also I love the game-specific decorations.  IMO they're way cooler than any pointless achievements could ever be, so... I'd just like to see more that!  Especially interactive stuff!  (some of the items in the first batch aren't even physics enabled. Imagine my disappointment when I got the energy drink from Job Simulator and couldn't shake it up, pour it, or even chuck it across the room)

Heck, what if we could get Home external environments FROM / based-on individual games?  Like, just load up a vista taken right out of Lucky's Tale or Edge of Nowhere or something.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Things DO look bigger on camera, right? Right?!!?! 😮

kzintzi
Trustee
hahahaha.

I can totally see your house now @snowdog with the girl on the pole in the corner..

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Digikid1
Consultant

kzintzi said:

hahahaha.

I can totally see your house now @snowdog with the girl on the pole in the corner..

*pst!  Shush!  Don’t give him any ideas!!!*

LOL

RattyUK
Trustee
I'd like one of those catapults, maybe two...   not turned one up out of hundreds of gift parcels...
Oh, and maybe a few of those other Summery themed items I've not had yet either!

Other than that whatever else comes along is welcome.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

LZoltowski
Champion

RattyUK said:

I'd like one of those catapults, maybe two...   not turned one up out of hundreds of gift parcels...
Oh, and maybe a few of those other Summery themed items I've not had yet either!

Catapults are a lot of fun I have like 3 now, and about 25 figurines displayed on my battle table.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

YoLolo69
Trustee
Already say here, the strafe on one stick sound essential to me. It's a pain to maneuver like if you're parking a car when you want to be straight in front of something, frustrating and immersion breaker. Also, reading above and I understand now why I struggled so much yesterday trying to resize the flat TV screen, it's not possible right now! 😉

A small one : I like to be able to appear standing instead of seating when I'm seated. Things are too high and I'm much often seated. Don't want to go through parameters, change height etc. Just in Home a way to switch standing / seated. Avatar editor fixed this by lowering itself when you approach it so I guess they thought about this problem.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

kzintzi
Trustee

RattyUK said:

Catapults are a lot of fun I have like 3 now, and about 25 figurines displayed on my battle table.

I want a battle table as I'm still missing it - that and the orrery would be awesome additions; I think I need to buy more games and play more (gee what a shame :smile: )

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I think it may be useful to allow SteamVR to be considered an app (albeit an external one) that you can select on your Core 2.0 home app pane.  This would allow you to switch over to the SteamVR home easier (some Steam apps still run best from there) and maybe allow you to end it properly with your touch controller Oculus Button.  I believe the latest WMR version allows you to do this.

The workaround for me right now is to just use the Core 2.0 Oculus Desktop (which I really like btw) and select my SteamVR shortcut.  Then later, use the Desktop Task Bar to exit Steam processes.  Actually this works pretty well.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RattyUK
Trustee

RattyUK said:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was one of your homes I visited in the past and spent a few minutes catapulting the figurines (and most everything else) while chuckling evilly >:)
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3