cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with my Oculus.

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, I have recently acquired a brand new Oculus Rift, and I've been setting it up, however, there is an issue with my headset. I just finished setting up the boundaries for my play space and finished configuring the headset itself, when it asked me to complete the next few steps in VR. I went to do this, but I was met with a completely black screen. I tried redoing the entire setup all over again and was met with the same problem, I contacted my boss, who happens to have an Oculus as well, only to find that the black screen was still there. According to him, my headset is connected and its sensor is working, but I'm still met with the black screen. I am unable to figure out why I am unable to play VR. Any suggestions to help resolve this issue of mine?
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Other extra info, I have Windows 10, the manufacturer is Acer, and it is model Nitro AN515-53, bought directly from the store and unaltered in any way.

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you have the Rift connected?
You need to connect it to the HDMI port on the laptop.
Also how do you have the Rift USB port plugged in along with sensors?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have all four things connected, and into the correct type of ports, I have both sensors plugged in as well.

cybereality
Grand Champion
See this thread:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/70097/nvidia-driver-not-rendering-to-headset-issue/...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so I just went through the entire process on that thread, but for some reason now my HDMI port isn't connecting for some unknown reason despite working fine earlier today, this new technology is quite baffling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so I was able to quickly fix the no HDMI connection issue, but despite everything, I still cannot get any visuals whatsoever. I don't get this, everything is working properly it seems, my GPU and all of my programs and jazz is all up to date, I just don't get it. How come my headset won't show any visuals, I'm hating this.

1Jobe
Protege
Just a thought. Could you have some keyboard combination that allows and disables 2nd monitor or laptop screen and such which might be why it's off.  "run as admin trick," no longer will work Home 2 if you try, you get black screen in the HMD. Mine has usually returned when I rebooted and kept Steamvr off