cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skyrim VR now supports Ambient Occlusion and Simple global illumination via ENB

LZoltowski
Champion
So this happened, Ambient Occlusion in VR in Skyrim VR via the ENB injector! ... the difference in visual quality is astounding, so much extra detail.

Working on a custom profile, I like my colours a little bit warmer, also making a proper sunset and sunrise cycle. You can tell when it's on and when it's off 🙂

https://youtu.be/NOkR-SePOh0

fnr4uiglsay1.jpg7fqygj33ov81.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
15 REPLIES 15

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Looks nice. I may be going back into this. But doesn't that mean that script extender has been made and all sorts of mods are possible for VR? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

TaintFist
Heroic Explorer
@MowTin 
SKSEVR has been good to go for a while, lots of good stuff to add in that required it.
I may have a look at ENB again, my eyes are sensitive though, so I will have to find a way to take down the bright a bit.  I have darker nights for at night, but that day time is gonna blind me hehe.
Thx LZ 😄

Luciferous
Consultant
Oh exciting stuff never used ENB is it a pain to set up?

LZoltowski
Champion

You need to go to download the latest ENB: http://enbdev.com/mod_tesskyrimvr_v0354.htm

Then place the entire contents of WrapperVersion in your SkyrimVR folder (where the exe is) ...
Once you launch SkyrimVR it will say "building shaders" and can take a few min on first start

Once in the game, you can press SHIFT + ENTER to open the config menu up (You have to do it on the monitor, it won't show up in VR)

You can then play with the settings, or if you just want AO, disable everything apart from ambient Occlusion, click save changes, then Apply changes.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Luciferous
Consultant
Nice one, will give it a go. Skyrim VR........ my precious.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

You need to go to download the latest ENB: http://enbdev.com/mod_tesskyrimvr_v0354.htm

Then place the entire contents of WrapperVersion in your SkyrimVR folder (where the exe is) ...
Once you launch SkyrimVR it will say "building shaders" and can take a few min on first start

Once in the game, you can press SHIFT + ENTER to open the config menu up (You have to do it on the monitor, it won't show up in VR)

You can then play with the settings, or if you just want AO, disable everything apart from ambient Occlusion, click save changes, then Apply changes.

Once you do this, do you have to SHIFT+ENTER every time you play? And is this stable?

LZoltowski
Champion

MowTin said:

Once you do this, do you have to SHIFT+ENTER every time you play? And is this stable?

Stable, only SHIFT + ENTER when you want to adjust things.

With the default profile, anything other than AO will look bright and super crappy, that is why I am making a custom profile.

Be kind to one another 🙂

motorsep
Rising Star
I wonder if it runs well on i7-7700 and 1060 GTX 6Gb

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Skyrim's engine runs really really well in VR. If I were Oculus, I would commission more open world games using that engine. They don't have to be as massive as Skyrim.