cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doom VFR - How do you enable rotate on right Touch controller thumbstick?

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Hi there, I actually had this working ages ago using this file from this guide: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7h6nva/smooth_locomotion_in_doomvfr_for_rift_i_scripted/

But I haven't played this game for 6-9 months and now this guide doesn't seem to work. I use the Autohotkey software and I edited the cfg files to add the binds etc but when I go into the game the right thumb stick no longer rotates. Free locomotion works fine.

Can anyone tell me how to get rotate working on Touch thumbstick these days?

Thanks in advance.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
11 REPLIES 11

RattyUK
Trustee
The native Oculus support still expects rotation to be done by physically turning - no touch turn...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RattyUK said:

The native Oculus support still expects rotation to be done by physically turning - no touch turn...

Exactly - works perfectly for me - love that you can jump in-game when you jump in the real world (ok, it's enough just to quickly raise your hands). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

saami81
Rising Star

RuneSR2 said:

RattyUK said:

Exactly - works perfectly for me - love that you can jump in-game when you jump in the real world (ok, it's enough just to quickly raise your hands). 

I dont want options either. Some stupid games have both ways. Pfft, if i dont need it, no one need it. /s

RattyUK
Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

RattyUK said:

I've not tried jumping that way, next time in 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

saami81 said:

RuneSR2 said:

RattyUK said:

I dont want options either. Some stupid games have both ways. Pfft, if i dont need it, no one need it. /s

Of course options would be nice, but Rift owners were never meant to play this game. With the recent patch I'm just happy that I'm able to play this utterly amazing game like the devs want us to play their game - even if I'm using my Rift and Touch.

At first using physical turning was strange to me, now I think it makes the game much more realistic - like truly being there. 

I'm left-handed, it was much more annoying that the devs don't let you select primary weapon hand - but I got used to that too. - It doesn't bother me much trowing grenades using my left hand, actually being left-handed throwing grenades with my right arm/hand would be much worse and totally unrealistic to me  😄  B)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RattyUK
Trustee
I'm a leftie too but there has been so much software over the years (not VR necessarily) that assumes everyone is right handed that I've sort of gotten used to it.   Won't mention how often I've blown up/ cremated myself in some games because I don't have the throw mechanic mastered in VR!

MowTin
Expert Trustee
You have to get the latest version of the AutoOculusTouch fix that involves auto hotkey.

I think it's 1.4.
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I miss using Right-Thumb Stick and haven't played since the AutoHotKey stopped. Using real life turning ultimately will twist and damage your cable quite soon. especially if you still use the clip on the left side as it cause a severe kink point there. It need the clip on the other side and the cable directed down your back.

Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW AutoHotKey is working again 😉