New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

increasing the resolution causes the borders to be lost

RoySuarezRoySuarez Posts: 5
NerveGear
I have reached a point where once I res up resolution on a sculpt  I get a warning like in Title, and yes I loose part of my sculpt.

What would be the best way to not have this issue, I do not want to divide my geometry in layers since its one organic mesh.

Comments

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player
    There's no way around this unfortunately. There's a hard limit to how many times you can upres without cropping the bounding. What you can try is "center" option on the layers menu. This will center your sculpt within it's bounds and you may get another upres that way. Failing that, you'll have to cut it up.
  • RoySuarezRoySuarez Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Thanks.

Good to know.
  • RoySuarezRoySuarez Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    There's no way around this unfortunately. There's a hard limit to how many times you can upres without cropping the bounding. What you can try is "center" option on the layers menu. This will center your sculpt within it's bounds and you may get another upres that way. Failing that, you'll have to cut it up.
    So basically I tried to center bounding box for selected object and this Did not do nothing at all. at the moment I am working with the mesh devided by parts.

I just hope I can merge every mesh back to one piece to be able to fix seams, and if this is not the case I will have to fix seams and merge in a nother program, Though this is a little set back for me, it is not really that much of an issue since I believe I have gained like 3 or 4 days in work time since Medium is so fast to work with.