cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing home screen picture

tracylynwright
Honored Guest
I can’t find a setting to change the home screen background layout? Can anyone help?
10 REPLIES 10

mosbey
Honored Guest
It's in what I think is an odd place. Seems more like a setting item.

Tap the Oculus button on your controller, look down and select Navigate > Library. Look to your left and select Environment.

Billy_Red
Honored Guest

mosbey said:

Tap the Oculus button on your controller, look down and select Navigate > Library. Look to your left and select Environment.

You are wrong my good sir. That does not work. There is no option available to change the background. Please do not post lies when people are asking for help, scum bag.

user was warned for this post by cybereality.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

mosbey said:

You are wrong my good sir. That does not work. There is no option available to change the background. Please do not post lies when people are asking for help, scum bag. 

Please don't be so rude and quick to judge.  I actually just had a similar problem and posted it here.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/69879/oculus-go-no-environment-tab-to-change-backgr...

Not sure why my Environment button is now missing?  No big deal though imho.  Just go through the re-do tutorial all the way to the end and it allows you to select/change your background enviro.

Edit: now it just showed up again ok, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

cabern
Honored Guest

mosbey said:

Mosbey is 100% right, I had the same issue and this found it. Whoever this Brian.Macpherson.77 is should get his internet privileges taken away. Time to go outside and make friends. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
@"brian.macpherson.77" That kind of language and aggressive behavior is not allowed here. Especially not when you are just showing up on the forum and people are trying to help you. You've been warned, next incident like this will be a ban. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion

mosbey said:

Yeah it was there, but I can't find it either anymore. I will check to see if it's supposed  to be somewhere else or what.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

1Jobe
Protege

mosbey said:

Yeah it was there, but I can't find it either anymore. I will check to see if it's supposed  to be somewhere else or what.

LMAO!!!!  That's the Best one I've heard all day, 2nd only too that one above warning to poster, Hhahaaahaha

cybereality
Grand Champion
I just checked, it seems to be there under Library -> Environments.

juliantheowl
Honored Guest
you actually go to 'Settings', then 'see all' then it should be 'virtual environments' on the left. may be accessible from the home screen for some people