Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sixense are refunding all Kickstarter backers

kojack
MVP
MVP
From their kickstarter page:

After careful deliberation, we have decided to provide full refunds to all of our Kickstarter backers.

We
are processing refunds to each backer via PayPal since it is impossible
to refund to the initial form of payment (this is the method suggested
by Kickstarter). We will send each backer a private message via
Kickstarter so that you can provide us the email address associated with
your PayPal account. We will refund the full amount that you pledged to
that account. Please respond to the private message by November 15,

We appreciate the support from the Kickstarter community
and we encourage anyone who is interested in our VR/AR platform and
products to visit our website at www.sixense.com.

Thank you,

Amir Rubin

Cool, I'll get back my $299 after 5 years of waiting (I'm not returning the tshirt! Even though it doesn't fit, it seems many people never even got it, I was lucky)
It's a little sad though, I would still like to get Stem. The hand controllers aren't as good as Touch, but with 5 trackers it would have been great to give us body tracking without giving money to HTC for Vive pucks.

Now if PrioVr could SHIP MORE THAN ONE SUIT PER YEAR they might reach my order number while I'm still alive to use it.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was thinking of starting a Kickstarter campaign for something, seems like a good way of getting shitloads of money without actually doing anything. Either a dodgy Kickstarter campaign or starting a cult...but the latter would also mean I'd have PLENTY of rampant kinky sex.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
I am interested in why the VR media is not prepared to delve into the story behind what happened at Sixense - is it that many of them ran the hype and do not want to be embarrassed? The same with ControlVR or recently with OSVR?

If we do not learn from the mistakes made, we will be cursed to repeat them!
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

kojack
MVP
MVP
Yay, I see $299us has gone into my Paypal. At last Sixense doing something quickly.

Paypal say it's $407au, so $84au profit.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Just got burned with a kickstarter myself also, last one I am backing.

Kickstarter is not the slightest bit interested in resolving the problem. Seems just a great way to commit fraud and get a way with it.

I backed my very first Kickstarter project earlier this year. So far it is working out great. I've already started receiving some rewards (digital download media). Granted, I made an easy bet because this is coming from the creators of Myst:

I'm getting my own Linking book (I ordered the LCD one).

Luciferous
Consultant
I never played Myst but I understand how games can have a special sentimental meaning. 

What does the LCD screen do? Is it a game or does it play excerpts from Myst?

For a while I have been toying with the idea of creating some homemade Harry Potter Newspapers for my games room. You know with the moving pictures etc.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It's just a novelty, because that is how Myst (the first game in a 6-part series) began. As the player, you would put your hand on the animated part of the book, and it would transport you to that world.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
The nice thing about Kickstarters' in this sector, is that post Sixense and ControlVR the level of scrutiny is such (from forums and media) that they have to offer something considerably different to get coverage. Even the KATVR second Kickstarter was abandoned when they went for an Enterprise focus. I think that the Woojer KS will find it a hard path to follow after Hardlight.
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

cybereality
Grand Champion
Finally got my $299. Really sad how the whole thing went down, but I respect them for giving refunds.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

msm903
Protege
I got mine yesterday. I still don't have anything to replace my razer hydra with. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few months we see the  device out there for a few thousand dollars a pair.

Luciferous
Consultant
I don't get why you need one?