cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Amazon Canada has two Zotac 2080 ti left

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Assassin's Creed odyssey only 38 fps on a Geforce 2080Ti in 4k? I thought the Geoforce 2080ti would always get you a minimum of 60 fps in all games at 4k tbh..

Edit: I've just seen the other benchmarks from @Techy111 Youtube video and other 4k games are coming in at under 60 fps in 4k?

bigmike20vt
Visionary

https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-chief-scientist-michael-abrash-future-ar-vr-technology-oculus-connec...
Revisiting each area of technology in turn, Abrash began by discussing optics and displays. His predictions for headset capabilities in the year 2021 were 4K × 4K resolution per-eye, a 140 degree field of view, and variable depth of focus.

Abrash highlighted the rapidly progressing area of research around varifocal displays, saying that they had made “significant progress in solving the problem” with the AI-driven renderer DeepFocus that can achieve “natural, gaze-contingent blur in real time,” and that they would be publishing their findings in the coming months.

really interesting read. This is where i think oculus are leagues ahead of companies like pimax.  pimax just take existing tech and expand on it, where are oculus are looking to revolutionise everything.  (this is not a dig at pimax, feel free to disagree, it is just my observation)

that said, i hope his timeline is not him talking about CV2!  in my view that is far to long to wait for it..... remember oculus themselves said that if you consider console generations to be every 5 years and phone generations to be every 1 year, they saw VR generations to be somewhere in the middle.

So i do hope oculus bring out an interim product in the next 12-18 months.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-chief-scientist-michael-abrash-future-ar-vr-technology-oculus-connec...
Revisiting each area of technology in turn, Abrash began by discussing optics and displays. His predictions for headset capabilities in the year 2021 were 4K × 4K resolution per-eye, a 140 degree field of view, and variable depth of focus.

Abrash highlighted the rapidly progressing area of research around varifocal displays, saying that they had made “significant progress in solving the problem” with the AI-driven renderer DeepFocus that can achieve “natural, gaze-contingent blur in real time,” and that they would be publishing their findings in the coming months.

really interesting read. This is where i think oculus are leagues ahead of companies like pimax.  pimax just take existing tech and expand on it, where are oculus are looking to revolutionise everything.  (this is not a dig at pimax, feel free to disagree, it is just my observation)

that said, i hope his timeline is not him talking about CV2!  in my view that is far to long to wait for it..... remember oculus themselves said that if you consider console generations to be every 5 years and phone generations to be every 1 year, they saw VR generations to be somewhere in the middle.

So i do hope oculus bring out an interim product in the next 12-18 months.

Based on what little I heard at OC5, I would highly doubt that happening.
But we will see I guess eventually.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

RedRizla said:

Assassin's Creed odyssey only 38 fps on a Geforce 2080Ti in 4k? I thought the Geoforce 2080ti would always get you a minimum of 60 fps in all games at 4k tbh..

Edit: I've just seen the other benchmarks from @Techy111 Youtube video and other 4k games are coming in at under 60 fps in 4k?

Skip to 7:30 in video for the sbs comparison. You have to remember that running games in 4K is killer for any GPU especially at Max settings. Then there are some games like Odyssey here which have high CPU requirements and are perhaps poorly optimized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfYOfwsGjIc&t=450s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdRREVQB76U&list=PLBf3Mi5M99CQYwfTenO1aZpEzw3EYJRsy

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Very comprehensive review. To sump it up the 2080 ti will give you about 30% fps boost. If a game runs well, you'll be able to bump up the supersampling and still have it run well. If a game runs poorly it will probably run well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFuEY-MUTdc

It's really not worth $1300 if you already have a 1080 ti. I only regret it because it is a lot of money. But I do enjoy the added power that makes a lot of games look better. Arizona Sunshine now looks spectacular while running smoothly. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MowTin said:s 

Very comprehensive review. To sump it up the 2080 ti will give you about 30% fps boost. If a game runs well, you'll be able to bump up the supersampling and still have it run well. If a game runs poorly it will probably run well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFuEY-MUTdc

It's really not worth $1300 if you already have a 1080 ti. I only regret it because it is a lot of money. But I do enjoy the added power that makes a lot of games look better. Arizona Sunshine now looks spectacular while running smoothly. 

Also the let's say 30 % extra performance may lift you from 45 fps ASW to a solid 90 fps in many games, especially compared to 1080 Ti. And Arizona Sunshine simply looks spectacular using super sampling 2.0.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Star-lizard
Rising Star

AverageMario
Explorer
I don't really think RTX2080Ti is worth buying at the moment. Indeed, it raises performance quite a bit but maybe it's better to wait until the price drops.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
The results with Assassins Creed Odyssey are quite strange - but have been reproduced several times:

At least the cpu can handle 80 fps (the cpu can probably go higher, but the video cards can't 😉 2080 Ti is 14% faster than 1080 Ti. Let's crank up the res:

In 4K Ultra it's the same - 2080 Ti is 15% faster than 1080 Ti. So 1080 Ti isn't much slower than 2080 Ti - which is strange, guess 1080 Ti owners don't need to upgrade gpu for this game. 

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Assassins_Creed_Odyssey/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"