cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid auto launch?

kaanaslan
Expert Protege
Hello, I just bought Prepar3D V4 Flight simulator. When I launch it, the oculus client is also launched automatically. How can I avoid this?

Thanks.
Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHZ - MSI Z390 GODLIKE Motherboard - EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 - 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHZ Memory - 1 TB Samsung EVO PLUS Series M2 SSD - Corsair H115i Platinum Water Cooler - Phanteks Evolve X Case & 4xML140 Corsair RGB Fan - Corsair HXi 850 PSU - Corsair K70 MK2 Keyboard - Logitech G933 Headset - Logitech G903 Mouse - Oculus Rift S (Preordered)
10 REPLIES 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, the Oculus app always launches when a Rift application loads.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Have a look at this thread: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/53181/steamvr-games-starting-oculus-home-when-rift-an...

If you want to stop OH auto launching then you can stop the Oculus VR Runtime Service from your task manager. Just be sure to start it back up when you want to use your Rift again.

The Oculus Tray Tool lets you do that without having to go into task manager. See thread for that here: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disc...

kaanaslan
Expert Protege
Thank you! 
Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHZ - MSI Z390 GODLIKE Motherboard - EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 - 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHZ Memory - 1 TB Samsung EVO PLUS Series M2 SSD - Corsair H115i Platinum Water Cooler - Phanteks Evolve X Case & 4xML140 Corsair RGB Fan - Corsair HXi 850 PSU - Corsair K70 MK2 Keyboard - Logitech G933 Headset - Logitech G903 Mouse - Oculus Rift S (Preordered)

kaanaslan
Expert Protege
I think the oculus app is launched automatically after I restart windows each time after the tool is installed. Is this normal? In the settings the launching option of the oculus app is not selected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

kaanaslan said:

I think the oculus app is launched automatically after I restart windows each time after the tool is installed. Is this normal? In the settings the launching option of the oculus app is not selected.

No that would not be normal unless you have it selected to launch Oculus Home at startup. I have the OTT set to run at start for my game profile settings , but Oculus Home does not launch until I put my headset on.

Exsosus
Honored Guest
See the post about creating a .bat script here:

Read the post by:
Hadracadabra how he explains how to create a script for your desktop. Now you can just double click this bat file each time after closing your 'Oculus' app. It will not restart until you double-click the bat file again to allow the service to run. This is much easier than using Task manager and works brilliant.

Netheri
Rising Star
Awesome, can you confirm this to work with Home2? Edit: Got it wrong, carry on.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

joedrake6014
Honored Guest
Having same kind of problem, any way to get out of it or should i ignore it ?

joedrake6014
Honored Guest
Having same kind of problem, any way to get out of it or should i ignore it ?