cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you working on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
After posting my first sculpt, it was quite a while until I got around to making a sketchbook thread.  Sometimes I wanted to post an individual piece, but there really didn't seem to be a place to do that.  Even now, I don't usually post "in-progress" sketches that I may or may not get back to, and generally use finished/mostly finished sculpts in the sketchbook. 

Anyhow, it would be interesting to see what other people are working on once they've posted their "First Medium Sculpt", so here's a place to do that 🙂
527 REPLIES 527

Anonymous
Not applicable
Main project. More work on the legs. Internal texturing, inflate, move, reposition, etc.  Suction cups  removed for now, since they are completely warped and out of position, they will be redone after the body form is finalized.  Same stamp from the above photo, with different materials settings, used heavily here.
wm1dpky6e3ix.png
x6ra8xd0kwhj.png
j45buk8ru43a.png

cybereality
Grand Champion

Just experimenting with colour... any thoughts? Does this look more Atlantian?!

I thought the light blue version looked a lot better. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just experimenting with colour... any thoughts? Does this look more Atlantian?!

I thought the light blue version looked a lot better. 

Ya, the blue is nice.  Has a more "architectural" feel without the figures, I'm assuming they got put in when the continent started to rumble

LZoltowski
Champion
Yeah I like the blue colour scheme better .... its my fav colour combo 🙂 My PC is lit the same way 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Went back into medium and redid the face, smoothed out the eyes and tightened up the lips then redid the paintjob in Substance. Think she looks a bit less cartooney now? Now to finish off those snakes...
zixfl2c9qu1e.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
eo2pdm6795ra.jpg

LZoltowski
Champion
Been super busy recently but I managed to make some progress, completely rethought the lighting, so it has a more desert-like feel to it, changed materials and aged things.

Also inserted some rudimentary and temporary figures for scale, zoom in for details.

80mycsbvotwm.jpg

uvtl87gw1voe.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
 @LZoltowski
Great Stuff

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure what it is I like about abstracts so much, definitely enjoy playing around with the native medium tools to see what I can get them to do in terms of rendering.  Spent another night just having fun geeking out on stamps and colors.
Just grabbed pretty much everything I snapped a photo of and made them into a slideshow video,  and recorded with shadowplay.  Just followed the progress through the night in the order created.  Clicked through them fairly quickly, will probably have to pause the video if something catches your eye). Best viewed in HD 1080 full screen.

Probably my favorite from the video, just really like how the patterning works.  Might dig this one out and turn it into a fish gw08r4x1gf8h.png