cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home Page Shows Real Name

KhaosJunkie
Honored Guest
I am a streamer who would love the ability to stream VR games, but the home page shows my real name, which a privacy concern.  Is there anyway at all to hide / disable this or change my name, at least within the Oculus Home Screen.  I have already made purchases on this account, so I do not want to create another.  I'd be amazed if none of the devs at Oculus saw the potential for this to be a concern, especially with the rate that streaming is growing, and the positive aspect those streams will have on marketing for the Rift.
17 REPLIES 17

StarfistRanger
Honored Guest
I am a streamer too and would appreciate a setting to hide my real name.

YndarX
Honored Guest
Bump...  Me too!

k3y
Honored Guest
bump... Me too! I also want to add friends and don't want to leave any chances that these friends can see my real name by mistake. 

Richooal
Consultant
I agree.
There is no reason to show your Real Name anywhere. I already know what my name is, and others don't need to know it unless I choose to share it with hand picked individuals.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It's a valid concern, and we're looking to be able to hide real name in your own interface. However, I don't have an ETA to when this will be available.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, this concerns me too. Is there any news regarding this issue? It shouldn't be that hard to implement, just NOT show the real name up in the main menu. I don't know who would need to have their name up there, anyway

Richooal
Consultant

Hello, this concerns me too. Is there any news regarding this issue? It shouldn't be that hard to implement, just NOT show the real name up in the main menu. I don't know who would need to have their name up there, anyway

This may be the reason that my next VR purchase won't be an Oculus one.
I want a VR headset for using VR apps.
I don't want a social network on my face. (unless I choose to start a VR social app)
I don't appreciate that Oculus Home is the only software distribution platform that shows my real name.

It's a valid concern, and we're looking to be able to hide real name in your own interface. However, I don't have an ETA to when this will be available.

@cybereality
It's still a valid concern and needs to be addressed. As mentioned above, it's as simple as just not showing the name at all.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

storms20
Honored Guest
This is a concern to me as well. How is this even questionable? We shouldn't have to show our real names.

Stormid
Honored Guest
This still isn't fixed? I want to hide my name for streaming by using the oculus Mirror in Obs but it still shows my name in the ingame menu when i use oculus mirror
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?