cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DreamShapers sketch book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Medium is a fantastic experience, before I keep adding sculpts, decided it's time to start a sketchbook.  Will start with a bit of a retrospective, and more or less start at the beginning and with any luck, keep at it for years.  Here's a carousel I made a few months ago, to see the creations up to that point.

Two Year Anniversary Update (mostly sequential with annual highlights)

41cesgktb9ey.jpg

Earlier part of this post, carousel built inside medium with snapshots, from way back when we just met
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahalLb04TU&feature=youtu.be
403 REPLIES 403

Anonymous
Not applicable
l8xflsl2n2h8.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
hppogcp54ecz.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
bxv0e723uisk.pngc03z4bh4n45r.pnglfcu9z36fv4h.pngforp5hcbee6a.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Plasticized material.  Not quite metal, wood or flesh, but adaptable to any of the above.  May clean this up and stamp it to create ridged battle armor.  Scaled up, under flatter light, such as where the piece is cut away in the middle, should make a somewhat surreal desert scene.1y83siq0emde.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some interesting light catching properties.  Multiple angles of the same stamp.  A bit of selective trimming and I seefish fins, ornate textiles and cave walls.  Possibly LED rows, especially if I bend the base stamp or cut it so it lays out along a linear path. 

gx2u480bux0b.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Elements of this interest me, and may be cut to make various composite stamps.  I am definitely curious about the diamond shape in the center.  The lower half of the stamp has some interesting flow, and can see it being used to create a woodwork kind of texture.  Won'r really know until I separate it out and see how it actually applies.  Also kind of an opera  hall thing going on there, which I'm contemplating. This one's more interesting in terms of potential derivatives, rather than the piece itself.e6cguzw9i6kn.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Above stamp with the move tool in mirroring mode.  M ostly interesting for the crest, which should make for an interesting repeating pattern, although might need to be bulked up before making a new stamp from it.
p44y9vm1hw91.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Interesting properties. Have a few directions I can go with this.  Clearly not something that could be used in anything intended for 3d printing.  Some pleasantly apocalyptic gradiants going on in the upper section.  I'm intrigued by the light catching possibilities in the center section.  Could cut that down and make a pretty impressive artifact, earring, or dungeon accessory of some kind.  That part may actually be solid enough to convert to a restamp, which could be interesting.    Could see exploring this further as the face foundation for a vaguely squid like alien ambassador, or with a broad layout and selective chiseling a basis for a somewhat dramatic landscape.  Anyhow, enough there to spark my imagination, although a lot of follow up work needs to be done if I build an entire sculpt on the core stamp used here.t5p7d7nwnfno.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting. Guess I have some extra slots now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Taking stamp iteration to its maximum level.  This is one of the above water stamps, whihc has been stretched and reforged until its about as thin as a stamp can functionally be.  The design was made using mirrored mode (would love a multi-axis mirror option along with the ability to precisely increment spacing for making mandalas, flowers, and exploration of fractal patterning).    Anyhow, captures a definite sense of texture and organic repetition. Some interesting surfacing potentials for organics and non-organics here.  A technique and atmosphere I plan to explore further.
x91afb10aekr.png