cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Oculus Go Casting Feedback

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please share your feedback for the Oculus Go casting feature. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
77 REPLIES 77

SpaceStranger
Explorer
Whoever thought it was a good idea to have a big red dot (in the middle of the screen mind you), as an indicator of casting being on.... can I have his job?....  This is not so hard people, why not move it to the lower corner and make it smaller so it doesn't get in the way of the experience (from all colors available; it had to be red, Jesus crust!).   Casting is great to navigate first timers, isn't that the goal?...

This is the first critique I get instantly from people.
I'm sorry but I can't be nice about this.

Thank you for the update/features regardless.

LeonKleinBretel
Explorer
Hi, 
The casting seems to work well. However i have some questions. Is it possible to set the resolution of the cast? It seems a bit low resolution. Also, is it possible to cast developer apps? When i start my app while casting it tells me it cant cast that app. Is that because only store apps can be cast or am i missing some settings?
Thanks and keep up the good work!

Oliver2222
Protege
It  need audio so you can hear the games

VRssage
Honored Guest
I am an early adopter of new features and expect there will be challenges in the early days.  I do however want to report issues as they arise so that they can be addressed.  When I first tried to use Casting , it worked on my Moto Z and Google Pixel 2 phone just fine.   However when I tried casting to a new Samsung Tablet , it only cast for a few seconds and then froze.  The same thing happened when I tried casting to an LG tablet.   For what it's worth I never saw a message on my Android devices to accept casting , I entered the casting mode by clicking on the Oculus notification .    On Apple devices I do see a start casting message box.
Today I went Apple and set up two Ipad's communicating with two Oculus Go.   It worked perfectly all morning and then it stopped. They both stopped at the same time early this afternoon and I have not been able to get any of my two  Oculus Go's to cast to any device Android or Apple.   I do not have a Facebook account nor do I want one unless it is an absolute requirement to have one.    Sometimes the GoLive and Recording in the Share tab are lit up and sometimes they aren't.  I have not been able to see a pattern as to when they do and when they don't .   Do you have a link to where we can find out if the casting service is available or not.   I understand that you are working on issues, but having a place where we can find out the status would be great.  I spent hours trying to see what I am doing wrong and have pretty much concluded that my experiences are likely the result of system issues beyond my control.   If you need a resource to test releases, I would be pleased to volunteer

Thank you 

Bruce

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
here also problems. Worked before with non-dev apps. Today its a cycle of: start casting - accept on the Iphone - then Iphone report I must accept in the GO as well?! No popup message in the GO though.... strange

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
i have not gotten it yet 
kevin warhaft

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

i have not gotten it yet 

i have not gotten it yet 

So sad, maybe contact Oculus Support and see if they can help.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
ill get it someday
kevin warhaft

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

ill get it someday

Maybe, but you may get it sooner if you ask Oculus support for some help.  Up to you mate.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ThomasH
Explorer

h.r.gargi said:

Hi! I tried the casting feature on my Huawei PC10 lite with Android 8. The cast freezes there after 5 to 6 seconds. On an iphone it works correctly. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Anybody with the same problem?

Yes I have the same issue with my Huawei Honor 8.