cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the difference between DK2 and Consumer Rift?

ScoutZR
Explorer
I'll start this off by saying that I am super broke, but that I want to make my girl's birthday memorable.

Consumer Rift costs $400 while I can find a DK2 for $250.

Is there any real difference between the two? She literally only wants to play ONE game, Raw Data with multiplayer, so I need two sets.
I can save a lot of money by getting two DK2's... will Raw Data work on the DK2's? is there really any difference?
Also, will the DK2's also run on minimum specs?

Please help this budget gaming family.
13 REPLIES 13

ScoutZR
Explorer
So... after reading all the comments, I will NOT be getting the DK2.

I will however glue my eyes to the screen as I bid for cheaper cv1 sets on eBay... >_>

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
It´s well worth the price already. 🙂
But surely it will be coming up with a reduced price of $350 / $300 during the holidays.

Get one as soon as you can be my advice. If you know what youre getting into, life as you know it will never be the same !
Be good, die great !

sford52
Heroic Explorer
I picked up a rift bundled with six games for $350 at Amazon in July when they had their special sale. I'll bet they will have the sale (if not better) on their black Friday (or cyber Monday) sale next month.. 
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

w_benjamin
Adventurer

ScoutZR said:

So... after reading all the comments, I will NOT be getting the DK2.

I will however glue my eyes to the screen as I bid for cheaper cv1 sets on eBay... >_>

That's not such a great idea either, as those HMD's won't come with the load of free software/games that a new one has.
Better to wait for a sale and get it brand new.