cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASW 2.0

nrosko
Superstar
So i was a little disappointed that Oculus didn't announce anything regarding software enhancements to improve performance (other than foveated rendering thats some time away). 
But here is some really exciting news about ASW. 
https://old.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9jptp1/asynchronous_spacewarp_20_coming_soon_via_rift/

This could be really huge for those of us playing the likes of Elite DCS or those that push the PD really high. 
36 REPLIES 36

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

GeekyGami said:

Wait, is ASW 2.0 available to use already?

Nope, not yet. Will probably come with the 1.31 or 1.32 update I reckon.

Rift 1.31 is already rolling out so it can't be in that unless someone hasn't noticed it?

2ndLastJedi
Protege
Any new news on this ? I will be super keen to leave ASW on and increase my settings a bit if it looks anything like the preview clip !

Anonymous
Not applicable
ASW is still in its 1.0 version with 1.31 update, that's for sure.
Let's wait for a few weeks, I have high hopes that ASW 2.0 comes with the next update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ASW is still in its 1.0 version with 1.31 update, that's for sure.
Let's wait for a few weeks, I have high hopes that ASW 2.0 comes with the next update.

Probably the one after (which should be in a few weeks as you've suggested). We'll probably see a hotfix update before then to fix the issues with 1.31, maybe as soon as the next few days.

2ndLastJedi
Protege
Has there been any new information on ASW 2.0 ?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Has there been any new information on ASW 2.0 ?

Ya, I'm looking forward to this as well!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't game developers have to support ASW2 as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

I'm a bit out of the loop - but I thought as long as they support ASW 1.0 - then 2.0 should be supported.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Mradr said:

dburne said:

I'm a bit out of the loop - but I thought as long as they support ASW 1.0 - then 2.0 should be supported.

Ya, I’d think that would be the case.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mradr said:

dburne said:

I read recently that developers have to include support for 2.0 in their project.