cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been rocking my EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra for a week now, so far I have been quite pleased.

Evileyes
Rising Star

dburne said:

I have been rocking my EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra for a week now, so far I have been quite pleased.

That's what im buying when it comes in stock of course 🙂
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

elboffor
Consultant
Well my 2080 FE seems to be running fine and have +1000 on memory.
That said I do keep my card below 50' with a ridiculously aggressive fan curve (100% at 42')
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I was reading through this thread and read different opinions on weather it's worth buying an RTX card and there's something I think a lot of people have forgot about, which is Nvidia are supporting VR with these next cards by making an industry standard VR port on the back of the card called "VirtualLink VR Connector". So when Rift CV2 comes out we can use VirtualLink to connect the HMD to our PC's. 

So these new RTX cards will future proof us for VR as well as provide a performance upgrade for people with lower spec cards. I only have a GTX 1060 so I think an RTX 2080 will be good for me. I reckon if you have a GTX 1080 or higher though there's no rush to upgrade unless you have money to burn.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

bigmike20vt
Visionary
indeed, VR Link is definitely a plus point of the new GF cards and i believe it is working even now on the current hmds with a cheapo adapter.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was reading through this thread and read different opinions on weather it's worth buying an RTX card and there's something I think a lot of people have forgot about, which is Nvidia are supporting VR with these next cards by making an industry standard VR port on the back of the card called "VirtualLink VR Connector". So when Rift CV2 comes out we can use VirtualLink to connect the HMD to our PC's. 

So these new RTX cards will future proof us for VR as well as provide a performance upgrade for people with lower spec cards. I only have a GTX 1060 so I think an RTX 2080 will be good for me. I reckon if you have a GTX 1080 or higher though there's no rush to upgrade unless you have money to burn.

I have been running my Rift and Sensors in that new Virtual Link Port on my 2080 Ti for couple of days now...
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/70673/oculus-any-plans-to-offer-virtual-link-for-ri...

So far appears to be working well, but will be spending much more time with it over the next 2-3 days. Nice having everything plugged into that Virtual Link Port. Neat, tidy, and freed up three USB 3 ports and my HDMI port on GPU.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

dburne said:

I have been running my Rift and Sensors in that new Virtual Link Port on my 2080 Ti for couple of days now...
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/70673/oculus-any-plans-to-offer-virtual-link-for-ri...

So far appears to be working well, but will be spending much more time with it over the next 2-3 days. Nice having everything plugged into that Virtual Link Port. Neat, tidy, and freed up three USB 3 ports and my HDMI port on GPU.

That sounds brilliant mate, thanks for letting us know.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

LZoltowski
Champion
RTX 2080 for £679.99 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno3d-geforce-rtx-2080-twin-x2-8192mb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-car...

2waxiqd0cpuk.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary

either you need glasses or i do 😉
I paid £589.90 for that card 2 weeks ago. it is nice and all but it is not a 2080!.
that said.... was this what you meant to link?

£679.99

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

either you need glasses or i do 😉
I paid £589.90 for that card 2 weeks ago. it is nice and all but it is not a 2080!.
that said.... was this what you meant to link?

£679.99

Sorry yeah corrected, was doing something else at the same time lol ... thanks for spotting it haha
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂