cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Halloween Sale!

LZoltowski
Champion

It’s the time of year for pumpkin patches, scary movies, and fistfuls of candy. It’s also time for the Oculus Halloween Sale, the annual event where you can grab devilish deals on the best VR experiences available for RiftOculus Go, and Gear VR. Now through 11:59pm PT on Friday, November 2, you’ll find a creepy collection of daily deals and discounted bundles, plus titles from 25% to more than half off!

Shocking Savings Every Day

Find discounts of up to 25-67% off frightfully good games every single day from now through 11:59 pm PT on November 2. On Rift, we’re getting things started with In Deatha chilling roguelike shooter that's sure to test your gaming mettle, available for 50% off until 11:59 pm PT tonight.

You’ll also find daily deals On Oculus Go and Gear VR every day from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm. We’re starting things off with the stealth-based adventure Republique VR, available for 50% off until 11:59 pm PT tonight.

Check back daily to see what's new!

Halloween Packs

Like a good bag of sweets, we’ve created a series of Halloween packs full of assorted goodness. Each pack, whether for Rift or Oculus Go and Gear VR, contains scary-good savings on action-packed favorites, tense puzzlers, and more.

Rift

Oculus Go + Gear VR

Come Back Often!

Don’t forget to visit the Oculus Store every day starting today through 11:59 pm PT on November 2 to get the most out of this year’s Oculus Halloween Sale. You’ll want to keep your peepers open for new deals, announcements, and more!

https://www.oculus.com/blog/the-oculus-halloween-sale-returns-limited-time-pricing-on-bundles-daily-...
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
22 REPLIES 22

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I have never been a fan of 3rd person games, but I picked up Edge of Nowhere ages ago on account of all the good comments on here.

Haven't played it yet, though - like many of my early purchases. Just means more fun for another day.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

bigmike20vt
Visionary
It's really good!
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Edge of nowhere has been my favorite game so far

Anonymous
Not applicable
Third person games work surprisingly well in VR, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice is also excellent.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm might have to check Edge of Nowhere out.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Edge of Nowhere is still the highest rated Rift game - ever - by RoadToVR, awarding the game a rating of 95%:

SUMMARY
"I honestly can't praise this game enough. I absolutely loved it. From the compelling story to the tense gameplay to the beautiful environments, everything came together to make a truly spectacular experience. The developers utilize VR well using the sense of Presence and scale to make the experience feel like an epic and terrifying adventure. This is a well polished, fun, complete (5-6 hour) game. If you own a Rift, can handle intense, scary games, and don’t mind a linear (but well crafted) experience, then you absolutely must pick up Edge of Nowhere."

https://www.roadtovr.com/edge-of-nowhere-review-oculus-rift/

But that was an old review from 2016, the current version with Touch support and improved textures is so much better!  😉

Official screenshots:

3e7lzpl785gw.jpg

x7omuposm717.jpg

jgh8k4tt70kd.jpg

wajamkfj4vce.jpg

pz2od533zv0d.jpg

Note that the game really isn't that scary - it's more like Doom and not like Paranormal Activity...

Often I think that the best VR games didn't arrive within the last year - they arrived before. Or maybe many of us now have high-end GPUs making it possible to enjoy games from 2016-2017 in all their glory. 

Edge of Nowhere seems incredibly optimized, even in the presence of utterly giant monsters I get solid 90 fps. Textures are very detailed and sharp. I'm not sure the level of polys is high, but the devs designed the game so you'll generally never notice - but it secures top performance. 

Did you know that Insomniac Games - the devs behind Edge of Nowhere - currently are making maybe the most wanted upcoming Rift game, namely Stormland?

https://insomniac.games/game/stormland/

https://youtu.be/bhd8DvgkCWc

https://youtu.be/Gla5gObbERs

Can't play Stormland without having first finished Edge of Nowhere, right?  😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Stormland looks fab .that and the new james bondesq game looks great
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Cannot wait to see what they have done with Stormland, eagerly anticipated from me. These are the folks behind Marvels Spiderman which is insanely good.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

asbarkhan
Explorer

alexgambler
Honored Guest
Quite unexpected information, really surprised