New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

'VeeR' has added itself to my account?

CzahrrCzahrr Posts: 2
NerveGear
I was introducing my flatmates to VR and one of them wanted to play The Exorcist Legion: VR. I downloaded and launched the game from Steam and gave them the headset. They put it on and mentioned they saw something along the lines of 'fatal error' but it disappeared immediately so I ignored it and assumed they'd just hit the Home button. After playing I realised that 'VeeR' had appeared in my Oculus library the same time The Exorcist game was last played. I've never heard of it and it's not installed. It appears to have a legit Oculus page as hovering over it shows the install symbol and a file size. It also has reviews but A LOT of them scream fake. Anyone know why this has happened and if it's legit? Confused and a little concerned, thanks.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    I would guess that one of your friends just clicked on it by mistake. Most likely answer.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • CzahrrCzahrr Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I would guess that one of your friends just clicked on it by mistake. Most likely answer.
    The files for it were created around the time the game was quit, I'm not too sure it was clicked by mistake.
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 775
    Neo
    If im not mistaken the files will be created rite when the installation completes so it might have finishedd around the time you quit. Oculus has many requirements for home submissions including several security checks so i wouldnt be concerned