cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZERO CALIBER VR - New FPS game looks amazing!

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Hey guys, don't know if you've heard of this game but wow it looks amazing, it's like Onward but looks actually better to me, like the next step in FPS VR gaming:

The first 6:50 seconds is two guys having a laugh and messing about and then the serious multiplayer action begins so just skip to 6:50 to watch the gameplay but then afterwards go back and watch the comedy from the start!! lol:

It says it's not being released until 9th November 2018 on steam!! Can't wait for this one! 🙂

Update - Game is going to be released on 9th November and DEMO is available right now!!! 

Link for demo:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/877200/Zero_Caliber_VR/

Skip to 6:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8auRepFbwM
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
25 REPLIES 25

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Guys they have released a demo!!! OMG I only just realised and I'm back at work now, I could have been playing it all weekend too as it was released on 26th October.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/877200/Zero_Caliber_VR/

Let me know what you think of the demo please! I finish work at 6pm! 🙂
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
So I tried the demo last night guys, and I couldn't stop playing it, this game is seriously amazing.

It had a few bugs and teething problems, soon as you turn the game on press the menu button on the left touch controller and enable TAA to get rid of the jaggies and then everything looks great!

I love everything about this game, weapon customization, movement system, shooting mechanics, the weapons are the best I've ever experienced in FPS genre game in VR!

I can't give this game enough praise guys! It's so good! For me, this is better then Onward and Pavlov if every way! 

I can take on 20 enemies at once and shoot them with perfect aim with m4 or ak or whatever weapon I choose. The weapon mods were great too like the different scopes, lasers and various attachments.

Seriously guys, download this demo now!! You won't be disappointed!!

Also enter this competition to help me out if you dont mind so I can win a VR headset:

https://wn.nr/Y8Vxb8

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@SkScotchegg - Do we still not know if this is going to be multiplayer? Shooting at just bots isn't my thing in a war game like this. I really hope this is multiplayer for those who want it because it looks awesome..

Edit: Just read this on Steam. 

Zero Caliber is a military FPS developed exclusively for VR. Realistic weapon handling, engaging story, Co-Op, PvE and soon PvP modes, immersive environment. Customize your weapons, learn how to reload each of them, fight alongside your friends, use your tactical skills to accomplish the mission: saving 

OHFISHAL_Batman
Protege

RedRizla said:

Will this be PvP because they are just shooting bots?

There will be PvP

OHFISHAL_Batman
Protege
Anyone know how to do the gestures? Does it just not work on touch? I think I have tried every button.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

RedRizla said:

@SkScotchegg - Do we still not know if this is going to be multiplayer? Shooting at just bots isn't my thing in a war game like this. I really hope this is multiplayer for those who want it because it looks awesome..

Edit: Just read this on Steam. 

Zero Caliber is a military FPS developed exclusively for VR. Realistic weapon handling, engaging story, Co-Op, PvE and soon PvP modes, immersive environment. Customize your weapons, learn how to reload each of them, fight alongside your friends, use your tactical skills to accomplish the mission: saving 

Yes mate, the developer has confirmed that the game currently has PVE coop missions and then they're going to bring PVP as well, they're working on the PVP aspect of the game. 

From what they've said I don't know if PVP will be in the game on 9th November when early release is launched, it sounds to me like it will be patched into the game with a major update down the line.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
BTW One more thing, after playing the demo when you have completed the first 2 missions go back to your military base and go to the shooting range. On the walls there you can purchase weapons and test them out.

The weapons are so amazing, I was shooting with Ak/M4 and attached foregrip, laser and red dot scope to my m4 and was practicing against the enemies in the shooting range and it just feels so good! I didn't miss a shot.

Also you can switch the rate of fire on your weapons using Y/B on your touch controllers, I think that's the correct buttons if I remember right. When you switch M4 to one bullet it fires very accurate.

And also you have infinite ammo in this demo as it's essentially just a test for when the full game comes out. Reach down to your body to grab ammo below.

Another thing I love is the nades, omg the nades throw amazingly accurate and realistic, like they mastered the throwing perfectly.

One thing they definitely need to fix is the hands, they went with cheap hands which look like I got bit by a scorpion and had an allergic reaction and my hands blew up!!! lol

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

Anyone know how to do the gestures? Does it just not work on touch? I think I have tried every button.

What do you mean by gestures mate?

falken76
Expert Consultant

What do you mean by gestures mate?

He means being able to do things like put up a middle finger.

vfrhawk
Protege
Grabbed the free demo of this, but I can't seem to access the settings menu - it appears when I hit the menu button on the left Touch, but I can't interact with it at all?  I believe you can set up turning using the right thumbstick in there?