cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash Virtual Desktop display nothing and cause huge frame-rate drop

WeldonWen
Sightseer
     Virtual Desktop used to function normally, recently it would only display a black screen and frame rate would drop to 5-10 fps, after closing the desktop window, frame rate would stuck at 30fps for a short while before going back to normal 90fps. Have no memory of changing any settings in my PC.

6vh226g5drmb.png
Virtual Desktop display nothing

r1740k6x9qwz.jpg
waving hand during low frame-rate, causing this "twisted effect"

Is this a hardware issue or a software issue? Is there a fix? Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Some extra info just in case you need it:
MSI GS63VR 7RF Stealth Pro laptop
Intel i7-7700HQ
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060
36GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro

6 REPLIES 6

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I don't really know but it almost seems that Oculus Desktop is trying to use your laptops integrated gpu (you aren't using multiple monitors with maybe one connected to your igpu?).  

Maybe check your nvidia control panel and make sure you have selected high performance nvidia gpu in your global settings.  Also, check the physics tab and make sure this is also directed to your nvidia gpu.  you may also need to update your nvidia drivers.  I'm using 398.82 and this works fine for me.  I use Oculus Desktop a lot and I do not see any of these problems.

If this does not help I suggest you contact Oculus support for some help.  Good luck sorting this out.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I second that, it looks like the Oculus tasks are set to use the iGPU instead of the NVidia GPU. NVidia Control Panel is your savior! (hopefully, lol)

WeldonWen
Sightseer
Found the problem, it's a broken version of Public Test Channel (Joined after Connect 5 because Core 2.0 is out of beta but not released to public, never thought about leaving to check out whether Core 2.0 is out of Public Test Channel), existed back to public version and everything works fine now. Still appropriate all the responds 🙂

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

WeldonWen said:

Found the problem, it's a broken version of Public Test Channel (Joined after Connect 5 because Core 2.0 is out of beta but not released to public, never thought about leaving to check out whether Core 2.0 is out of Public Test Channel), existed back to public version and everything works fine now. Still appropriate all the responds 🙂

I did not see this with either 1.31 or current 1.32 versions.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Lachann
Honored Guest
Thanks, had a probably related problem where Dash in seamless mode wasn't working in Elite Dangerous. I initially blamed it on the new beta for Elite, since it started right after I installed the beta. Turns out it was a coincidence and a problem with Oculus after all, opting out of public test channel fixed it 😉

WeldonWen
Sightseer
Updated to public version 1.32 , this bug came along with it.

TomCgcmfc said:
I did not see this with either 1.31 or current 1.32 versions.

hmmmmm.....weird