cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home?

BigRobCoder
Explorer
Just got my Rift, using an older overclocked CPU. I know it is not one of the recommended CPUs, but it works just fine with all the apps I've tried so far. Is there any way to disable the "doesn't meet recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home (which is present in VR as well as on the desktop window)? It's very annoying.
195 REPLIES 195

FroggoVG
Explorer

TwoHedWlf said:

MAC_MAN86 said:

Almost 2019 already. Is there a hack to turn this off in VR or can devs listen at long last and add a switch?
It's only in DASH as I disable Home2 to run via Homeless Hack but it hid the instructions on the Experiment Menus and so made DASH pointless until I seen the switch for Pull Out Window (should not be labelled Tab).

I thought this turned it off:

w993a7c58lje.png

Nope.  Just confirmed this does not turn it off.  If anything the latest Oculus software makes the annoying message WORSE by forcing it to be viewable right next to the toolbar at the bottom.  Sent a forth support message which will be ignored like the rest.  Inexcusable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
 This message is a lie and it annoys me to no end. Running an AMD FX 8320 Eight core at 3.5 GHz, 16GB of ram, and a GTX 970. Benchmarks even show my processor is better than their minimum but some how doesn't meet the requirements. Give me a break!

Anonymous
Not applicable
+1 I concur and my Xeon Quad Duo 3GHz also does a very good job in VR. Yes they do lie which should be against trading standards!

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

MAC_MAN86 said:

+1 I concur and my Xeon Quad Duo 3GHz also does a very good job in VR. Yes they do lie which should be against trading standards!

Just because your processor works (with a hack), doesn't mean they need to change the ones they recommend.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it does because I bought the Rift and paid for content and still do. I am a customer. It did not say I can not use the Rift because it won't work but they simply add a very annoying WARNING SIGN for those that they decide to harass. The Rift works much better than many i5 & i7 on my old PC! It is a marketing strategy to annoy us that do not tick their SSE4.2 pass. It does not affect those that don't get it.
I and other users want this message removed!!!

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

MAC_MAN86 said:

Yes it does because I bought the Rift and paid for content and still do. I am a customer. It did not say I can not use the Rift because it won't work but they simply add a very annoying WARNING SIGN for those that they decide to harass. The Rift works much better than many i5 & i7 on my old PC! It is a marketing strategy to annoy us that do not tick their SSE4.2 pass. It does not affect those that don't get it.
I and other users want this message removed!!!

Users don't dictate the recommended specs, the company does. When something can make someone sick from running poorly, you're damn right they're going to throw up an annoying message to cover their ass, you can't blame them if you ignore the warning.

Use the tray tool, it has a little box to click that spoofs your CPU, to one that's compatible. As long as only your CPU is what isn't compatible, you'd be fine. If it's not just your CPU, then you should upgrade.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Recommended" should not mean harassing the hell out us by adding Warnings that do not reflect any bad performance what so ever. It's a lie. Thanks for the Tray Tool tip but I prefer to not need running extras really.
Just as we can choose not to see the Health Warning they should provide a Disable Switch for this also and not the same as they use in Desktop with a Warning we can click to close. That's another complaint they must address.
Recommendations are NOT REQUIREMENTS obviously else I'd upgrade.

ohgrant
Superstar
+1 on the disable switch or OK button. Certainly, just a mild irritation and maybe a bit over the top to demand it. I do empathize. My Xeon doesn't have the blessing.
Generations and model numbers just don't seem like a very scientific way to determine what is compatible. What works best should be what is recommended? Shouldn't the compatibility tool be more like a benchmark? I'm pretty confident most of the folks posting here asking for the ability to remove that, are fully aware that their PC's don't have Oculus's blessing, and are probably having an easier time than the many that went out and bought so-called Oculus-ready laptops.   
I can live with that constant reminder in dash.  My Xeon and 390 are handling everything I through at it with supersampling applied.  It serves no use, I was able to memorize it the first time I saw it.         
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Digikid1
Consultant
GUYS!!!  If you grab the Oculus Tray Tool from the GENERAL area it has that option to remove that warning. 

A little actual SEARCH goes a long way. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the latest of OTT and it does the trick. That's the 3rd Hack I have now been forced to use simply to get by Oculus RECOMMENDATIONS. So glad they aren't my boss!

UPDATE 09/05
Version 0.84.0 is here. Grab it from http://bit.ly/2wIBIkq.
Zip package for those who want that instead: http://bit.ly/2MQWGsj