cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation 4 Pro worth getting for Red Dead Redemption 2?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I really like the look of Red Dead Redemption 2, so much so that I'm thinking about getting a Playstaion 4 Pro just to play it. Would you say the game is good and is it worth getting a Playstation 4 pro for? I might even get PS-VR when they knock the £100 of it like there going to soon. Also, I've heard good things about the game The Last of Use. What do you reckon are Platstaion 4 Pro's worth getting?
29 REPLIES 29

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

pyroth309 said:

RedRizla said:

I've just looked at the price of some of the console games and it's made me think again. I wish I could borrow a Playstation Pro or Xbox just to play through the games I mentioned. We will be waiting a year if RockStar decide to even bring Red dead 2 to PC..

Times like this reminds me of my childhood when we had video game rental stores. Could just go down and rent one lol. Probably a way to do it online but too much hassle imo lol.

I was friends with the lad who became a millionaire when a big company purchased his trading shops for games. He was the one who first started trading games where you would take in your old games and then swap them with other games or pay a bit of money towards a newer game. He then branched out in the early 1990's to other towns and eventually sold it all to a big company making a million pound..

Luciferous
Consultant
My son bought it on XBox (with a little help from Dad as I wanted to see it). He said it was the best single player game he has ever played. That is something coming from him as I thought the slower pace and story would put him off after all his Fortnight type games. He really got into the story.

I have played a couple of hours and must admit it is quite special.

I can probably compare it to Witcher 3 in style of game play, story and overall polish. Walking through a western town and strolling into a saloon reminds me of West world. I would struggle to say I have seen a better world implementation.
Although the dying light cities were amazing and the ability to climb buildings, Oh I would love a proper VR implementation of that that didn't make me puke.

I would still prefer it to be more SKyrim then Witcher though but that's just my personal taste. I like everything in the world to be able to be manipulated. IE You kill someone, you can steal their clothes, hat, guns. Take objects back to adorn your home. If only Bethesda made a Skyrim like west world in VR. Toting six shooters with my touch controllers.

The XBox controller is the real downer, god I hate those things. I think it will be launched eventually for PC. I doubt it will ever be VR compatible as it takes control of scenes way to much. It is pretty smoothly done, in fact the best I have ever seen but still would be a bit jarring for VR users and probably a presence killer.

So tough call about buying it now. It really is great but the controller may make it bitter sweet. Can you buy a mouse for the PS4? 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

My son bought it on XBox (with a little help from Dad as I wanted to see it). He said it was the best single player game he has ever played. That is something coming from him as I thought the slower pace and story would put him off after all his Fortnight type games. He really got into the story.

I have played a couple of hours and must admit it is quite special.

I can probably compare it to Witcher 3 in style of game play, story and overall polish. Walking through a western town and strolling into a saloon reminds me of West world. I would struggle to say I have seen a better world implementation.
Although the dying light cities were amazing and the ability to climb buildings, Oh I would love a proper VR implementation of that that didn't make me puke.

I would still prefer it to be more SKyrim then Witcher though but that's just my personal taste. I like everything in the world to be able to be manipulated. IE You kill someone, you can steal their clothes, hat, guns. Take objects back to adorn your home. If only Bethesda made a Skyrim like west world in VR. Toting six shooters with my touch controllers.

The XBox controller is the real downer, god I hate those things. I think it will be launched eventually for PC. I doubt it will ever be VR compatible as it takes control of scenes way to much. That is pretty smoothly done, in fact the best I have ever seen but still would be a bit jarring for VR users and probably destroying presence.

So tough call about buying it now. It really is great but the controller may make it bitter sweet. Can you buy a mouse for the PS4? 🙂

You can but it is up to the developer to support it, so it's hit and miss.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I have to agree the controller is a real put off coming from a mouse & Keyboard and is one of the reasons I haven't purchased a console in the past. just seen this though on the XBox one and I've read they are doing mouse & keyboard support for Xbox consoles now. Will have to do some further digging though to see if it's a Xbox keyboard you have to purchase or if it's just a PC keyboard & Mouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdrXDYo3eFs

Luciferous
Consultant
Ill plug one in tonight and see if it works 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Luciferous - For PS4 you need one of these (link below.) Just looking at the Xbox for keyboard & mouse and even though Microsoft say they are supporting a keyboard & Mouse, I can find what you need to make it work?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xim-Technologies-432038-XIM-APEX-x/dp/B079SS1CCR/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=154...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xim-Next-gen-supports-PlayStation-gaming-grade/dp/B00MG654FM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=...

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer

RedRizla said:

I really like the look of Red Dead Redemption 2, so much so that I'm thinking about getting a Playstaion 4 Pro just to play it. Would you say the game is good and is it worth getting a Playstation 4 pro for? I might even get PS-VR when they knock the £100 of it like there going to soon. Also, I've heard good things about the game The Last of Use. What do you reckon are Platstaion 4 Pro's worth getting?

IMHO The Last of Us is the single best game ever made..

Luciferous
Consultant
Always fancied that game, not enough to buy a PS4 for though.

i once bought a PC simply to play Ultima 7 The Black Gate and boy that was worth it. Had one ever since.

pyroth309
Visionary

RedRizla said:

@Luciferous - For PS4 you need one of these (link below.) Just looking at the Xbox for keyboard & mouse and even though Microsoft say they are supporting a keyboard & Mouse, I can find what you need to make it work?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xim-Technologies-432038-XIM-APEX-x/dp/B079SS1CCR/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=154...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xim-Next-gen-supports-PlayStation-gaming-grade/dp/B00MG654FM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=...

I have a Xim4 as well and it's pretty amusing playing pvp with it. You can also use it on PC in some games and give yourself  aim assist with a mouse which is pretty fun for the lulz. If you're good with a mouse though you'll be better without aim assist.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
 @pyroth309 - What is Xim 4 like on PS4 Pro? Does if feel like you are using Keyboard and Mouse like on a PC?